News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Floor mats?

Started by b5blue, March 20, 2014, 05:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Anyone using floor mats that they like in a 2nd gen that did not cost as much as new carpet?  :lol: I'm not worried about logos or exact match colors, just a decent set of mats that fit fairly well.  :scratchchin:

twodko

Great question, a set of fancy R/T logo'd carpet mats came with the 69 I bought. Clearly for some
other car, def not a second gen. They don't cover the entire area and I had to cut a 2" slit to
accommodate the gas pedal.
I'd like a nice set of high quality carpet floor mats......that actually fit.

:popcrn:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

WHITE AND RED 69

Check out ACC carpets. I got a set made and they fit perfect. Molded around the gas pedal and you can get a bunch of different colors or logos added. Cost about $125 bucks for all 4 pieces but are worth it.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bill440rt

ACC is good, their mats are very nice.

You can also check here:
http://www.autoanything.com/

They sell all kinds of accessories, & have a big selection of mats. Many of them you can order in custom colors & embroidered logos.
I've purchased many things from them such as tonneau covers, all-weather mats, ventshades, etc. Prices are always reasonable & items are shipped FAST free.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Thanks guys but that's what I meant, new carpet 145.00 vs mats 125.00? Why bother for daily driver, just replace the carpet every few years... :lol:
  Bill I got my dash cover from them and yes they are a real nice company!

twodko

I'm looking for some high quality heavy rubber mats made for the application. Not some of those cheap ones either that slide around every time you get in or out.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Classic Industries offers the OEM style rubber mats in a lot of colors....

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/b-body-charger/parts/mb1600011.html

20% off code MDN14 good till 3/25/14

You're gonn need that to save on their ridiculous shipping charges!  Much like Year One they are crooks!   Im ordering a repro oil psi gauge for my dash from them and they are charging $21.95 to ship it! :eek:

Believe it or not with the 20% code they come in cheapest compared to other vendors :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Man, I hear you. My only somewhat saving grace is I live NorCal. Classic is in SoCal giving me a bit of shipping cost relief.

johnnycharger

Quote from: b5blue on March 21, 2014, 09:04:17 AM
Thanks guys but that's what I meant, new carpet 145.00 vs mats 125.00? Why bother for daily driver, just replace the carpet every few years... :lol:

I agree. I can't find reasonably priced mats either.  :shruggy:

myk

Dude it's for your Charger, not your Honda Accord; the $100 or so is totally worth it...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Good example, I figured by now guys would have found a type or style that fit decent for cheap.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: b5blue on March 23, 2014, 08:19:05 AM
Good example, I figured by now guys would have found a type or style that fit decent for cheap.  :2thumbs:

I have not.  I still have the original carpet in mine so no point in protecting that.  It shows its age...

What you can do is make two templates for your ideal mat shape and go to a few auto parts stores to see if anything matches closely.  The guys at O'Reilly here always let me take parts to my car to see if it'll fit, but not everyone's that helpful either.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

That's a good idea.  :2thumbs:

Back N Black

this is what i used,i think 35 bucks at WAlmart.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

EccentricMagpies

Just head to the local fleet farm.  It's just a floor mat
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

EccentricMagpies

That Walmart mat looks really good.  I'll have to check those out
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

5hunert

Its a year later, has anybody here used any of the floor mats listed and have something good or bad to report?

In particular, how have the vintage style rubber floor mats worked for anyone who has used them.  I'm looking for a four piece mat set to protect my original carpet.  Need something that is durable without sliding around under my feet.

myk

I'm using the modern Dodge mats from Wal*Mart.  I like their look and they take the brunt of the dirt that finds its way into the cabin, but they do slide a bit...

bill440rt

ACC mats here.
Carpeted and have the little "teeth" on the bottom that hold them in place.  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

5hunert

Quote from: bill440rt on March 18, 2015, 10:21:25 PM
ACC mats here.
Carpeted and have the little "teeth" on the bottom that hold them in place.  :shruggy:

Did you get an embroidered emblem?  I couldn't find an example of a charger floormat on their website; could you post a pic of yours?

johnnycharger

Walmart special

bill440rt

Quote from: 5hunert on March 19, 2015, 09:36:08 AM
Quote from: bill440rt on March 18, 2015, 10:21:25 PM
ACC mats here.

Did you get an embroidered emblem?  I couldn't find an example of a charger floormat on their website; could you post a pic of yours?

You can view all their logos on their website.
The logo I got looks like this:
http://www.accmats.com/Products/Floormats/Logos.aspx

If you just want a Charger logo I found these with a quick search (not ACC mats, though):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391088888837?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's a pic of mine in the car, not the greatest but I can try to get a better one if you'd like.  :2thumbs: