News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Engine Harness

Started by ChargerRob, March 23, 2014, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRob

I'm considering ordering an engine harness from Year One for my 69 charger modified for electronic ignition and upgraded 70 style alternator. Has anyone used it and do you recommend it. Thanks in advance.   :cheers:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

twodko

Don't buy anything from YO if possible. They rape you on shipping charges just because they can and
you'll find the same part(s) you need cheaper elsewhere.
I bought a new front lights harness from Classic Industries MOPAR catalog online. It's made by M & H Electrical,
same place YO gets it from and the shipping is reasonable.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

b5blue

Mopar Nut

Yearone has the best wiring for Mopar's, they bought the licensing rights from Chrysler and sell to Classic/others. 
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

twodko

Mopar Nut

Quote from: twodko on March 24, 2014, 11:30:52 AM
It's still made by M & H
I know, I have the complete wiring from them with shipping only costing $22.00.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Lord Warlock

I got one from year one, and it seems to be the right one.  Still working out a few of the connections near the washer tank and horns, but that isn't the fault of the harness, just my failing memory and a missing horn relay.  I didn't think the shipping costs were that bad for the harness, the front rotors was more than would have liked but not as bad as I've had elsewhere for smaller lighter parts. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

twodko

Pardon, I wasn't criticizing. M & H makes excellent stuff regardless of the source vendor.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: twodko on March 24, 2014, 03:33:05 PM
Pardon, I wasn't criticizing. M & H makes excellent stuff regardless of the source vendor.
:2thumbs: You're right, YearOne's shipping is outrageous.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: b5blue on March 23, 2014, 07:28:55 PM
I use one from Evans, very nice.  :2thumbs:

http://www.evanswiring.com

Bill Evans made my engine harness as well.  I had it custom tailored for the dual field charging system, elect regulator & elect ign ...been in there 12+ years with no troubles :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68pplcharger

Carrnutt

Quote from: ChargerRob on March 23, 2014, 06:47:14 PM
I'm considering ordering an engine harness from Year One for my 69 charger modified for electronic ignition and upgraded 70 style alternator. Has anyone used it and do you recommend it. Thanks in advance.   :cheers:

YES!   :yesnod:

I got both the dash and the modified engine harness from YO when they had a discount code on for harnesses (RARE). Awesome pieces! M&H rocks.  Everything fit, worked and looked as it should.  :2thumbs:

Rather than drill my firewall, I mounted the ignition module on the rear of my intake using a raised aluminum bracket (I think I got it off of EBAY). It bolts on using 2 of the valley pan rail bolts and raises it up off the intake, but behind & under the carb / air cleaner. In fact with my Performer RPM intake, you can't really see it from any angle.  :coolgleamA:

I also purchased harnesses for my mom's 65 malibu. Also from M & H, and again, great quality and functionality.
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

ChargerRob

I ordered the engine harness from Year One with a discount code. The raise bracket for electronic ignition. Can you post a picture.  Thanks.  ;)

Carrnutt

1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

ChargerRob

Thanks carrnutt.  Going to order one.  :cheers:

Hard Charger

Quote from: ChargerRob on March 23, 2014, 06:47:14 PM
I have done the very same thing. however my car is just going back together and I have not started it yet. did it on my Challenger though and there was no problem.

SwiftJonny

I ordered all the wiring for my car from YearOne, plus a few odds and ends.  I used a coupon code to get the price down a bit.  Shipping was only $50.15 to Saskatoon, SK, Canada.  That price wasn't ridiculous at all.  Great product.  They were great to deal with too.  They gave me a $25.00 coupon because the headlight adjustment kit I ordered was on back order and delayed my whole wiring order.  When the back order was finally shipped, it was shipped at no charge.
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 Speed
Racing Green Metallic

will

Cool Bracket, just ordered it. nice hiding spot for the ecu.