News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windshield Tower lead rebuild

Started by 72Charger72, April 02, 2014, 12:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger72

I think I am calling that right..its the mount between the body and the roof on the outside of the windshield...In was told a few years back that was a lead filled post/fill job that had to be done...
does anyone know about this type of repair.....I will add a picture later

MackDa600

Are you referring to the "A" Pillar?

72Charger72

sorry yes the pillar ont he drivers side

71_Charger_R/T

Yes, at the top of the pillar where it meets the roof skin, the factory leaded this seam. The whole pillar isn't actually "filled" with lead literally, it's just the indentation of where the two panels meet that is filled with lead as would be by bondo to make it even. (but don't use bondo.... it'll crack) There are products like "metal 2 metal" or "All metal" that are a high metallic content (aluminum) resin based filler that work good in these applications if you don't go the leaded route (lead is getting harder to obtain in some parts of the country).

72Charger72

Nice thanks the piller seem fine just the filled middle has cracked and fallen out