News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Brackets?

Started by frank1966, April 06, 2014, 04:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Do 1970 charger seats sit so high? It looks like there is a bracket that is about 4 inch thick sitting vertically. THen the seats mount to this. Are these the correct brackets? It feels like the seats are sitting too high.

A383Wing

mine didn't sit high enough..I put spacers under the seat rails at each bolt

Back N Black

Maybe you have brackets foor a 68 or 69 charger, the 70 brackets are different and sit a little lower. Do you have a pic?

A383Wing

no..my seats are 70 seats....and I got no pics...car is in the corner of garage all covered up with crap piled on it

frank1966

Do the rails bolt to the floor? I think I have a spacer between the floor and the rail. I will take a pic

frank1966

Also I am only 5 9 and head is grazing the headliner

frank1966

The pic i took with my phone is too big to attach? I dont know how to shrink the pic so i can attach it here?

Dino

Quote from: frank1966 on April 12, 2014, 08:21:02 PM
Also I am only 5 9 and head is grazing the headliner

I know my seat has lost some foam but that's not normal.  I'm 5' 11" and have plenty head room.  I can't imagine 70 seats being that much higher.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

frank1966

Is this a spacer?

frank1966

Can anyone tell me if this is stock or is this a spacer of some sort?

fy469rtse

i think you have tracks from something else frank.
i was looking for tracks awhile ago and they look A body to me, too tall for 70 tracks

Ghoste

At 5'9 there's no way you should be grazing the headliner.

frank1966

I know there is no way i should be grazing the headliner. Where can i can the correct tracks?