News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clone C500 and clone Daytona VALUES???

Started by 500Jon, April 13, 2014, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

Hi AeroFolks,

I bought a 69 Hemi motor and hemi 4-speed trans for my C500.
After discussions with several UK MoparFolks they suggested (politely) that it would be sacrilage to fit them in such a rare, especially a numbers matchin C500.

So with that in mind I'm thinking C500 Hemi clone or even a Daytona clone!
What sort of values are Hemi clone Aero's worth?

You see Hemi C500's at around $100,000.
Would a clone be worth half that?

What price a real Hemi Daytona?
$200,000,
Would a clone be worth $100,000???

Thanx for any input, 500Jon.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Daytona R/T SE

I don't really think you can get half the money for a clone as you can for a "Real" one.

I'd go ahead and put the Hemi in your 500 if that's what you want.

It's a bolt in, so you're not really hurting anything, unless you have to cut the floor for a four speed, still not a big deal.

If I listened to the local "Moparfolks" I'd still have a Green on Green '69 R/T SE. :eek2:

NYCMille

Don't be too sure. Modified cars are becoming more and more popular amongst the crowd who want that old school look and feel, but with update features. We've had several six-figure offers on our ANGRIER Daytona clone. I think it all comes down to the buyer and what they're looking for in car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: NYCMille on April 13, 2014, 08:57:01 PM
Don't be too sure. Modified cars are becoming more and more popular amongst the crowd who want that old school look and feel, but with update features. We've had several six-figure offers on our ANGRIER Daytona clone. I think it all comes down to the buyer and what they're looking for in car.

Agreed...... It also comes down to something more basic, "What are YOU looking for in a car?".......

I am installing a 426 Hemi into my original 440 Daytona, but would never in a million years think it was worth half as much as an original J-code Daytona. I think the same holds true for a C500. Will it fetch more than the 440 version, maybe.......... I say, if you want a 426 under your hood, go for it.......... I did...  :icon_smile_big:

Now, regarding converting your C500 to a Daytona? I wouldn't do that. I would install the hemi and be done with it........ Maybe make it as OEM correct as possible with exceptions like headers and ignition ( like I am doing on the Daytona )
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

500Jon

Hi AeroFolks,

Thanx for the replies.
Wasn't thinking of cloning the 500 into a Daytona.
In fact I am de-Daytonaring the 500 at the moment.
Some Daytona parts were fitted before, as in the rear wing.
Several holes in the rear quarters and weld holes were the strengthening plates were fitted to the gutters on one side.

Was wondering cost wise, is there mileage in building a Daytona in preference to a milder looking C500? :shruggy:
Bigger returns maybe???
Easier to sell, as everything gets sold in the end! :eyes:

Cheers 500Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!