News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting New Build 72 Charger Rallye

Started by 72Charger72, April 14, 2014, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 20, 2016, 02:54:08 PM
After a year delay finally removed the front and rear windshields, side vent windows, and doors....ready for media blasting! I still wish I could dip it but the only two places I have heard of in the Stl area never answer their phones and I have a media blast guy right in town. He also said he could spray with the raptor underbody coating when done. Ahhhh Progress feels good again!

Who did you call that never answered ?

I had my car dipped locally.  :Twocents:

(East side of the river)

72Charger72

Would have to look them back up but one in Old St Charles and one downtown. Who did you use?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 21, 2016, 11:58:04 AM
Would have to look them back up but one in Old St Charles and one downtown. Who did you use?

:2thumbs:

A C P Metal Cleaning
308 South Jefferson St
Millstadt, IL 62260 

Phone: (618) 476-3500

72Charger72

Thanks Daytona R/T SE
I will call them tomorrow!

72Charger72

Daytona R/T SE Did they offer any primer options after the dip? need to protect it you know?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 21, 2016, 01:30:15 PM
Daytona R/T SE Did they offer any primer options after the dip? need to protect it you know?

He puts some kind of phosphate ?  :shruggy:

Stuff on it.

I had mine in my climate controlled garage with no primer on it for years...no problems unless somebody put their sweaty hands on it.

Do you have a garage ?

If you don't have a garage...

Give up now. :Twocents:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 21, 2016, 01:12:17 PM
Thanks Daytona R/T SE
I will call them tomorrow!

Dale is sometimes hard to catch.

But...

He always calls back.

Leave your number.  :Twocents:

72Charger72

Oh yeah I have a garage wouldn't think about it if I didn't. Thanks for the info!

72Charger72

Thanks for the hookup Daytona R/T SE
Just got off the phone with Dale, Dipping scheduled for end of March!
and what a price 700 for body and 40 per door fender and hood....900.00 total with phosphate coating.
If I had found him a yr and half ago I would have already had this done!
Thanks again!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 23, 2016, 09:55:41 AM
Thanks for the hookup Daytona R/T SE
Just got off the phone with Dale, Dipping scheduled for end of March!
and what a price 700 for body and 40 per door fender and hood....900.00 total with phosphate coating.
If I had found him a yr and half ago I would have already had this done!
Thanks again!

Glad I could help. :cheers:

Dale is one of the good guys. :2thumbs:

72Charger72

72Charger72

Just got it back but I am kind of overwhelmed as to where to start? My rotisserie isnt done yet. The car is on the trailer in my garage. Phosphate coating isnt quite covering everything as there is some minor surface rust starting. Should I immediately get some primer on it or should I start metal replacement? :scratchchin: It needs new floor pans and some work on the areas around the rear seat belts mounts. Looks like rear quarters will get replaced too but all in all its in reall ygood shape.

72Charger72

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 14, 2016, 09:55:35 AM
:scratchchin: :shruggy:
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 14, 2016, 08:45:32 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 13, 2016, 05:20:38 PM
Quote from: 72Charger72 on February 24, 2016, 09:52:14 AM
Now I get to sit and wait  :drool5:

Update ?  :shruggy:

Pictures ?  :shruggy:

:shruggy:
Heres some photos Hemi-Hampton unfortunately I was unaware the quarter end caps were pot metal and they dissolved in the tank? :brickwall:
Thank God I have that spare car in the driveway lol!

72Charger72

So here are some long awaited photos. Finally got Rotisserie completed and Charger mounted. I had to get a quick epoxy primer on it before winter so I am still working on the body work but its making forward progress.

72Charger72

Some more

AKcharger

'72 Rallye's are the coolest chargers ever!

Good luck with the build!  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

41husk

Dale did several pieces for me.  I was real happy with his work.   The 72 is coming along nicely.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nakita7

Quote from: AKcharger on November 16, 2016, 09:40:25 AM

I've owned over 50 Mopars and several different years of Chargers from 68 -74. The 72 Rallye is still my ultimate favourite. The doors are, by far, the coolest doors to ever come out of Detroit, period. The ONLY thing Chrysler messed up on was not putting a hood insert on the 72 cars!

Keep going on it...

72Charger72

Quote from: nakita7 on December 17, 2016, 04:33:22 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on November 16, 2016, 09:40:25 AM

I've owned over 50 Mopars and several different years of Chargers from 68 -74. The 72 Rallye is still my ultimate favourite. The doors are, by far, the coolest doors to ever come out of Detroit, period. The ONLY thing Chrysler messed up on was not putting a hood insert on the 72 cars!

Keep going on it...
Agreed Nakita7 this car was never a numbers matching so I am not a purest but Love the 72 doors!

72Charger72

Finally found some time to get to the floor pans. And I know the Media Blast vs Acid Dip debit has been done many times but I had this acid dipped last yr and after removing the floor pans and seeing all the crap left behind from the Acid Dip I think its really a toss up. Still plenty of rust and work even after the acid dip but media blasting would have never got this either...One clean spot on the passenger side cross member.