News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, March 12, 2006, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

**Inactive Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Troy

You mean the exact same one posted here?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10984.0.html

I'm gonna have to rethink this whole deal with allowing classified ads in the Aero Section. There's going to be a lot of cleanup involved as these things expire.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

Troy
  that ebay catagory  is a dog. sits there and not many people reply to  it. most threads have less tha 3 replies. save yourself the work and get rid of the ebay section.  the whole idea of showing stuff from ebay is in cause anybody needs it or wants it. if i was looking for a daytona to buy or a part . i should be able to look for it in the aero section for it. i'm sorry i double posted Troy if we ever meet i'll let you give me a good spanking, please.
  :icon_smile_cool:  :spank:  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

:iagree:

Troy,
If you don't mind, let's give it a try and see how it works out. I agree with Rene that we'll see a lot more replies with the aero stuff, especially if it's here in the aero section. I think it will make for some interesting conversations.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Troy

Honestly, the idea for the eBay section is because certain individuals feel the need to post links to every single eBay auction they find. This reminds others to post all of their favorite auctions and the whole thing snowballs. Some days we'd have the entire front page of GD filled with nothing but auction threads (which didn't get many replies either). It was becoming a nightmare to track them all down and delete them once the auctions were over (otherwise I have a bunch of dead links here on the site). Even a complete moron can go to eBay and type in "Charger" so there's really no need to duplicate eBay's auction listing here. The eBay section isn't necessarily a "discussion forum" (just like the rest of the Classifieds) and anything posted there should just be a "heads up" for other members or a place to put member's auctions. The other problem with posting them in the General sections is that people post without looking to see if it was already posted (ahem). I don't care in the eBay section since I clean out all ads older than two weeks so they aren't clogging up the works. So you see, I'm actually saving a TON of work by having it. For a while there it was the #1 source of complaints from users and Moderators. I know that some people practically live on eBay but many of our members don't really care so I'm trying to keep as many people happy as possible. Since Gene is primarily responsible for keeping this section running smoothly we'll see how much fun he has... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2006, 02:34:04 PM
Since Gene is primarily responsible for keeping this section running smoothly we'll see how much fun he has... :D

Troy

Oh boy...   ;D

I've already expressed my desire to Troy for keeping as much of the Aero-related eBay links on this board as we can.  That'll involve some effort on my part, and some cooperation and understanding on the part of the Aero section's participants.

I don't mind going through and deleting the eBay links that expire, but that's because I'm handling only one small portion of a very large site.  I cannot fathom how much work it would be for Troy, Chris and Neil to keep tabs on auction links within the whole site.  That's why an eBay section is almost mandatory, but as long as it doesn't get out of hand I'll try and keep this section from being a problem for them.

That does mean I'll have to go in and edit posts containing expired links.  If there is no pertinent discussion related to that thread, I'll probably delete the whole topic after the auction has run its course.  If I pick up on duplicate posts (like this one started out as), I'll probably delete one of them once I see it.  As long as no one gets their shorts in a bind about that, I'll try to keep up with everything.  If Troy doesn't like what he sees though, we'll have to respect his right to keep the eBay threads (and For Sale ads too) on the respective boards.

BigBlockSam

Crazy Larry

I agree with allowing ebay threads to stay in the perspective areas - although it may seem "messy" in the longrun - I think they really generate good conversation.

For example - my "ebay seller sniffs glue" thread has generated 269 views and 31 replies - with very enlightening conversation about the intricacies of the body restoration business and opinions on what is a fair price for a rolling chassis.

There have been similar in depth discussions on ebay threads in this section of the board as well.

I want to thank the mods for their extra work in dealing with them but in the long run, it works for the better - I for one, really only browse through the top three sections of the board regularly - General, Aero, Off topic - as do most of the members here.

Thanks again, Gino and the rest!

:cheers:

hemi68charger

Nice 'Tona,, But, it certainly isn't, like they state, the BEST......... 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection