News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re-using seat covers

Started by Ghoste, April 25, 2014, 05:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I want to put new seat buns and add headrests to my 69 and the seat covers are in great shape so they don't need to be replaced.  Is it a bad thing to take them off and then re-use them or is it no problem?

68 RT

No, just be careful taking them off.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Honestly I`ll likely hire someone in the trade to take them off and on but I wanted to know ahead of time if I would need to be watching for a sale at one of the suppliers.  Thanks.

Back N Black

I did it with my front seats last year, the covers were original, it just need new foam. It turned out great.

Ryan.C

Seat covers are extremly easy to R&R. just get a handfull of hog rings and a good set of hog ring pliers and you should be good to go.
we used to do several covers a day at the dealership during a recall for seat heaters shorting out and burning holes
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Ghoste

I recovered the seats in my 67 myself and they came out great but I think I`d still pay someone next time.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Ryan.C on April 25, 2014, 12:27:08 PM
Seat covers are extremly easy to R&R. just get a handfull of hog rings and a good set of hog ring pliers and you should be good to go.
we used to do several covers a day at the dealership during a recall for seat heaters shorting out and burning holes

The heated seat option for '69 must be rare.....never heard of it.    :shruggy: