News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

possesed horn

Started by lukedukem, April 30, 2014, 07:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

hopefully this is the right spot, kinda an electrical issue. i got my horn hooked up awhile back and this month my cars due for inspection. whats happening is when i hit bumps the horn goes off. like its really sensitive. is there a way to adjust the pieces on the steering wheel where the center part connects to make it tighter. I'm at work but was just thinking about how to adjust it to not make it go off on bumps

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

More likely there is a wear in the insulation someplace in the wiring running to the switch and under the right conditions it is hitting the steering column and shorting out thus making the horn sound.

lukedukem

Quote from: Ghoste on April 30, 2014, 07:57:52 AM
More likely there is a wear in the insulation someplace in the wiring running to the switch and under the right conditions it is hitting the steering column and shorting out thus making the horn sound.

thanks Ghoste, i thought that might be it. i read another topic ( http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98437.0.html )  about someone that put some homemade insulation for his. but his was going off all the time i believe, maybe Bob T will chime in or i can PM him. i'll check when i get home. i just know it's ok till i hit bumps, light ones too. i could be going down the road and its just tootin' along.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC