News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 R/T - What's that stripe called?

Started by FastbackJon, August 08, 2005, 01:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

This is a rare stripe I think for the '70 Charger R/T. Is there a common name for it??
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Drache

FastbackJon where did you get that one picture that looked like it was taken in the '70s of the B5 Blue car? That's my father's Charger!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

FastbackJon

Quote from: Drache on August 08, 2005, 01:38:51 AM
FastbackJon where did you get that one picture that looked like it was taken in the '70s of the B5 Blue car? That's my father's Charger!  :o

From one of your posts... it's my favorite stripe on the '70's.

Still wondering what it's called. Just a side stripe or??
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

FastbackJon

Thanks Troy,
That's odd though, since longitudinal lines go north/south around the globe while lines of latitude go east/west. And with all their flashy paint names in '70, you would think a stripe name might have a little bit more "pizzazz" than that.

Drache

When my dad got that done to his car he also added by his OWN disign the stripes on the hood to accent the lines of the hood. Don't really have a good picture of it....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

calchargerRT

the official name I think is "longitudinal stripe".. serious. My car was coded for one.

Ian