News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

FYI,

Google chrome has a fix for the photobucket that will show all pictures!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

alfaitalia

Tried that...could not get it to work. Might just be my old PC....or it could be that Photobucket has already engineered around it so they can keep claiming their pound of flesh from the more gullible in society.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 12, 2017, 04:41:18 PM
Tried that...could not get it to work. Might just be my old PC....or it could be that Photobucket has already engineered around it so they can keep claiming their pound of flesh from the more gullible in society.

Note it only works on a laptop or PC, not yet for phone or iPad. Need to use/have Google Chrome and when you click on that link type in Photobucket hotlink, then added it. Whenever you use Google Chrome you'll get all the photos on any forum that were dropped by Photobucket and their third-party usage policy
Pat

mopar4don

Hey Pat,
That link takes me to there web store.
I did a search for photobucket and 2 different ones showed up

photobucket embed fix
photobucket hot link fix

I assume you installed both of these?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on September 13, 2017, 03:27:56 PM
Hey Pat,
That link takes me to there web store.
I did a search for photobucket and 2 different ones showed up

photobucket embed fix
photobucket hot link fix

I assume you installed both of these?

I used only the hotlink fix and it was free
good luck
pat

keepat

Sprayed the last coat of primer on the car and ready for the 320 blocking
Thanks
Pat

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

alfaitalia

Funny thing is that it's almost a pity to see it in paint....it's hiding all your highly skilled metalwork repairs and improvements!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

VegasCharger

:2thumbs:

Are you going to have the sail panel "Charger" scripts in place when completed?

keepat

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 18, 2017, 12:51:23 PM
Funny thing is that it's almost a pity to see it in paint....it's hiding all your highly skilled metalwork repairs and improvements!

Let's hope my paint and body work is much better than my metal work ;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 18, 2017, 01:21:51 PM
:2thumbs:

Are you going to have the sail panel "Charger" scripts in place when completed?

Yes it will have the charger scrips on each side which I think is very cool looking
Thanks
Pat

keepat

I used a level with a straight edge to help to find the center of the style line for laying out tape on the body line. When level, sliding the straight edge will leave a mark dead center of the body line. I'm sure there are many other ways of doing this but I found this work good for my old eyes ;-)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

With the body lines taped I blocked sanded the top 1/3 and bottom 1/3 of the sides with 320 grit sand paper. Then using the 1st tape line as a guide, I ran tape above or below the first tape line so I could block sand the center section of the car. This creates straight but sharp body lines that need softened. After removing all the tape I went back over both sides with 400 grit sand paper softening the body lines.
600 grit paper is next one step away from sealer :-)
Thanks
Pat

Charger_Fan

I like the level idea, to find the center body line. :2thumbs:

Quote from: keepat on August 20, 2017, 10:19:11 AM
Thank you for your comments, would love to see a picture of your custom motorcycle.
I have always enjoyed starting from paper and working to cardboard then steel as it helps to prevent/catch mistakes, but somehow I still make my fair share of mistakes ;-)
Thanks again!
Pat
Sorry, I meant to show this earlier, but I got sidetracked for a bit. This is a '97 Yamaha Royal Star that I built & entered in our local Autorama in '99...geez, where DOES the time go? :shruggy: There's not much still stock on this bike, almost everything got tweaked or changed. I ended up lowering the bike a little, to center the rear wheel in the fender better, I just ran out of time to do that before the Autorama.

The darker areas in the paint had a 3-dimensional wrinkle look to it. The painter (no, I didn't do the paint work) laid crumpled plastic on the paint when it was still wet, then once dried, shot a few coats of clear over it to make it smooth. The seat is ostrich skin leather.
BTW, that's me in the center of the pic, dusting off the red Vmax. I still have that shirt, but less hair. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on September 18, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
Yes it will have the charger scrips on each side which I think is very cool looking
Thanks
Pat

Okay thanks, I asked because I didn't see the pin holes for the Charger emblem on the sail panel.

keepat

Quote from: Charger_Fan on September 23, 2017, 03:42:00 PM
I like the level idea, to find the center body line. :2thumbs:

Quote from: keepat on August 20, 2017, 10:19:11 AM
Thank you for your comments, would love to see a picture of your custom motorcycle.
I have always enjoyed starting from paper and working to cardboard then steel as it helps to prevent/catch mistakes, but somehow I still make my fair share of mistakes ;-)
Thanks again!
Pat
Sorry, I meant to show this earlier, but I got sidetracked for a bit. This is a '97 Yamaha Royal Star that I built & entered in our local Autorama in '99...geez, where DOES the time go? :shruggy: There's not much still stock on this bike, almost everything got tweaked or changed. I ended up lowering the bike a little, to center the rear wheel in the fender better, I just ran out of time to do that before the Autorama.

The darker areas in the paint had a 3-dimensional wrinkle look to it. The painter (no, I didn't do the paint work) laid crumpled plastic on the paint when it was still wet, then once dried, shot a few coats of clear over it to make it smooth. The seat is ostrich skin leather.
BTW, that's me in the center of the pic, dusting off the red Vmax. I still have that shirt, but less hair. :D

Wow!  That looks awesome, beautiful Paint!
As for the hair we all had more in the 90s and 80s ;-)
Thank you
Pat

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 23, 2017, 04:06:19 PM
Quote from: keepat on September 18, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
Thanks
Pat

Okay thanks, I asked because I didn't see the pin holes for the Charger emblem on the sail panel.

I posted on another thread the dimensions / location of my original emblem holes. Here is one of the pictures.
Thanks
Pat

68RT440

Looking good Pat. Looks laser straight even in primer!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

orange383

The level with straight edge is genius. I never would have thought of that.

keepat

I had a few people ask what materials I was using for primer, filler and paint so I thought I would pass this information on here as well.

Starting with all the paint stripped I sprayed the bare metal with Cromax epoxy DTM primer #2599S (DuPont product). From there I used all Evercoat products for the filler and high build primer. Evercoat Rage ultra body filler #100125 was used for the first layer over the Cromax epoxy primer, except for any edges or corners I used Evercoat Everglass #100622 Next was a skim coat of Evercoat polyester glazing putty #100400.

With all the filler sanded to 220 I sprayed 2 layer of Evercoat Super build primer #100730. Block sanded that down with 220 grit paper and sprayed two coats of Evercoat Finish Sand #100738. Sounds like a broken record but I block sanded that back down again with 220 grit paper.

Then last two coats of Evercoat Finish Sand #100738 and started block standing at 320 then to 400 grit paper.

For the sealer, basecoat and clearcoat I will be using all PPG products.
I will use PPG's DP90LF epoxy primer sealer. Then PPG Omni basecoat. And then we will follow it up with PPG's DC4000 clearcoat.

Thanks
Pat

keepat

Ok, this is the 4th and it will be the last primer coat! The 3rd coat was very close but not for black.
Thanks
Pat

mike69440

Pat.

As close to perfect as humanly possible. Beautiful!

Have the suicide prevention hotline close by the day of the first scratch.

keepat

Was out of town for a few days and while away a package from the gates of Valhalla all shiny and chrome was delivered  (actually it was my bumpers from Paul's chrome ;-) I will test mount them this weekend to confirm the fit along with my new aluminum bumper mounts.
Thanks
Pat

darbgnik

I thought you were the same guy.... just saw your latest post on the Viper forum, and thought the name was familiar, then I scroll down to the pics on this page and see the car in question.

Love the ACR E, and how this one is going.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html