News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

keepat

This hood has been a pain in the a$$! First time I tried to paint it I found a bodywork blemish that I missed. After fixing the bodywork, I tried for the 2nd time to paint the hood only to have reaction between the sealer and basecoat that crinkled paint. So once again I blocked sanded, primed and blocked sanded again :-( The 3rd time turn out to be the charm as the hood sprayed out great. The body is next!
Thanks
Pat

richf

1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Charger_Fan

Looks great! :2thumbs:
I'm curious, do your feet start sticking to the floor after a while, due to the over spray? Or does it dry fast enough that it's not really an issue?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

keepat

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 02, 2018, 12:47:58 PM
Looks great! :2thumbs:
I'm curious, do your feet start sticking to the floor after a while, due to the over spray? Or does it dry fast enough that it's not really an issue?

I have special nonstick shoes ;-)  actually I have a set of shoes that I put on just for painting and they have so much build up on the bottom from primer, base, and clear that they don't really stick to the plastic.
Thank you
Pat

Reezee

This thread, I get excited every time I see a new post. That paint looks amazing!
Thinker of thoughts such as: "What have I gotten myself into" & "This car is going to be so awesome when it's done"

Follow my restoration on:
YouTube under Richard's Resto
Facebook.com/MoparRichard
Instagram.com/MoparsInEurope

keepat

Big thanks to Charger-Bodie! As I used his suggestion for painting my dash frame with Rust-Oleum fine textured black paint #7220. Worked great and looks as close to original as I can find. Inside of the frame was painted with Eastwoods detail gray to replicate the bare steel look, but without the factory overspray to keep it light under the dash.

panhead

This is a great build, love it.

I used it on my dash frame and on the tail light panel as well.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

VegasCharger

Looking good Pat.  :2thumbs:

I was recommended Mar-Hyde Black Satin #3811 for the dash frame and it looks good with the results. But I got to say that this paint looks better. I'll steer that direction on my next dash frame re-paint.

:cheers:

keepat

That paint is spot on here is a picture of the original ashtray compared to the light textured rust oleum
Thanks
Pat

Lennard

green69rt

Quote from: keepat on March 03, 2018, 04:18:11 PM
Big thanks to Charger-Bodie! As I used his suggestion for painting my dash frame with Rust-Oleum fine textured black paint #7220. Worked great and looks as close to original as I can find. Inside of the frame was painted with Eastwoods detail gray to replicate the bare steel look, but without the factory overspray to keep it light under the dash.

I used it on mine and liked the result but when I tried to clean the top of the dash the texture shredded the cloth I was using and left lint everywhere!  I cured the problem by spraying a final coat of flat black on top to take the sharp edges off of the texture.

If you're interested, here's a description.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127894.msg1591275.html#msg1591275

keepat

Mitch,  thanks for the heads up I'll plan on spraying mine as well.
Pat

Charger-Bodie

I think they may have changed the formula, because I had to do just that the last couple too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

green69rt

I thought it was just me. 

BlueSS454

I've been following this build on Facebook.  Didn't realize it was you building it.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Tom Rightler

keepat

Quote from: BlueSS454 on March 07, 2018, 09:40:44 PM
I've been following this build on Facebook.  Didn't realize it was you building it.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Same knucklehead different Charger;-) you still have your GL?

BlueSS454

Quote from: keepat on March 08, 2018, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: BlueSS454 on March 07, 2018, 09:40:44 PM

Same knucklehead different Charger;-) you still have your GL?

I do but it's in the process of being rebuilt due to an accident in July of 2016. While I'm at it, I'm Upgrading the entire suspension as well as building a new engine and trans for it which I'm going to back with a fresh Dana 60.
Tom Rightler

keepat

To help soften the texture of the rust oleum paint I lightly sanded the dash with 800 grit paper and applied a coat of Krylon semi-flat paint to help smooth out some of the texture. This work great along with the plastic dip that I re-coated all the wire harness clips with.
Thanks
Pat

orange383

That's great. I will have to try the plasti dip!

mike69440

Worth a Million!

You have to figure a way to drop a Demon motor in it, just because.

Mopar should just donate one along with tech assistance and transmission in exchange for your car being on the auto circuit for a year along side a Bullitt stang.

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on March 11, 2018, 06:05:00 PM
Worth a Million!

You have to figure a way to drop a Demon motor in it, just because.

Mopar should just donate one along with tech assistance and transmission in exchange for your car being on the auto circuit for a year along side a Bullitt stang.

Count me in if Mopar are making donations to my project ;-)  I specially like the idea of a technical assistant!
Thanks
Pat