News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Rears. Still eed to cut the package tray and install some bezels.

I got the black wrinkle style buckles that look like the stock ones.

I can't wait to get my new seat covers and door panels!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mike69440

Quote from: keepat on February 10, 2019, 10:39:57 AM
Quote from: Dino on February 10, 2019, 10:15:37 AM
Pat I'm trying to find your seat belt solution. How did you install the front belts again? I just received 3 point retractable belts for my car. Yesterday I mocked them up and I have them hidden inside the quarter panel. The belt slips out from the front of the quarter upper pad so most of the belt is out of sight. I'm not sure how you did yours but wanted to compare.

I have yet to install seatbelts and I will not be doing shoulder harnesses.  I would like to see how you did your shoulder harness?
Thanks
Pat

Pat
Shoulder harness or 5 point belts. Please.
We don't want the Charger to be your casket!

Fonzy

The most important thing is to drive with a safety first attitude. At a certain amount of speed (> 50mph) it doesn't really matter what seatbelt solution one uses, the car's bottle neck is the chassis. A sub frame to stiffen up the body might be a better safety upgrade than an improved belt system.

@ Pat  - the dash looks great, will be interesting to hear how the radio works for you. Was thinking of making the switch as well.

cincyboy

Hey Pat,

I know there is a million threads on Grille restorations.  I'm getting ready to paint mine and I'm curious what paint and color you are going with .  Most everyone is using aerosols and I have never had luck with any longevity using an aerosol that sees any sunlight.  I'm curious with what you decide to go with......I'm  on the fence.     

keepat

Quote from: cincyboy on May 07, 2019, 08:44:02 AM
Hey Pat,

I know there is a million threads on Grille restorations.  I'm getting ready to paint mine and I'm curious what paint and color you are going with .  Most everyone is using aerosols and I have never had luck with any longevity using an aerosol that sees any sunlight.  I'm curious with what you decide to go with......I'm  on the fence.     

Sorry for the delay in response.   I have used aerosol to paint on many grills both for Mopar, Ford, and Pontiac cars I have restored over the years with great results as well as longevity.  I use the database on this forum, and with the guidance of other members suggestions used SEM trim black #39143 as well as SEM titanium metallic #15253.
Both paints were very user-friendly and I think the color is spot on.  Good luck with your project!
Pat

keepat

I'm installing the vinyl top over the 4th of July holiday. So I started by putting all of the vinyl top trim so I know where to locate the final cut. For the last 3 years this top has been laying over my Trans Am or viper. It's nice to have it laying on the charger now ;-)
Thanks
Pat

how many years to become a forensic anthropologist

Q5XX29

Been waiting for an update on my favorite project that I follow! Looking good.
dakota_gt on Instagram

nchrome

Keepat what is the hole on the trunk floor in the middle or is your car a California car with that epa crap on it? Most of the other's l've seen don't have that whats up.  Otherwise really like how yours is coming along

keepat

Quote from: nchrome on June 30, 2019, 09:23:53 PM
Keepat what is the hole on the trunk floor in the middle or is your car a California car with that epa crap on it? Most of the other's l've seen don't have that whats up.  Otherwise really like how yours is coming along

It is an access hole for the in-tank fuel pump and sending unit.
Thank You!
Pat

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nchrome

Ask a silly question guess ya get an answer  Thanks

keepat

With the vinyl seams even and clamped at the front I glue the center 6" back to front. Then folding over the drivers side I glue over to the seam and then the same on the right side. After spraying the glue on both the roof and vinyl I put some plastic down to let me flip the vinyl over without sticking. Then holding and pulling the vinyl up I remove the plastic and stick the the vinyl down. Now with it glue seam to seam next will be down the pillars.
Thanks
Pat

fallout 3 all vaults

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ryan

what glue are you using?

thanks!

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

birdsandbees

Always a pleasure watching from a far Pat!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on July 09, 2019, 02:51:29 PM
Looking good!

Thank you!
Quote from: Ryan on July 09, 2019, 05:41:35 PM
what glue are you using?

thanks!

3M Super yellow trim adhesive

Quote from: birdsandbees on July 09, 2019, 05:45:45 PM

Always a pleasure watching from a far Pat!

Thank you!!
Pat

Ryan

What are you doing for front seats?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

mike69440

I hope those are the retro "Car Show" seats and you set the base of the seats to also accept a nice set of quick change out Recaro seats, or equal for daily driving.

RamZCharger

keepat

Had a setback on the vinyl top. There was a wrinkle on the driver side seam that I initially thought was from me over or under stretching the top when I glue that side down? But after investigating it a little closer it turned out the top was stitched crooked. I bought this top along with all of the interior components over 4 years ago from Legendary Auto Interior. I sent them pictures and a description of the problem and they quickly came back and said they would send me a new vinyl top. That's first class customer service in my book! I was taught a long time ago by the guy I work for, don't judge one by their mistakes but rather by their solutions!
Fortunately the top removed relatively easily and I was able to remove the contact cement by rubbing it with mineral spirits. I get to start over sometime next week when I receive the new top.
Thanks
Pat

Lennard

That sucks that you have to do it again, but at least they didn't blame you for installing it wrong... like some other companies do when their product is inferior.

INTMD8

Awesome work as always, love the attention to detail  :2thumbs:

I may have missed it but why did you need to sand the paint just above the vinyl top trim?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 20, 2019, 10:50:56 PM
Awesome work as always, love the attention to detail  :2thumbs:

I may have missed it but why did you need to sand the paint just above the vinyl top trim?

I did not paint the roof with as much paint as the quarters received so there was a transition line that I wanted to blend that would have shown through the vinyl top.
Thank you

VegasCharger

Quote from: Lennard on July 20, 2019, 10:02:59 AM
That sucks that you have to do it again, but at least they didn't blame you for installing it wrong... like some other companies do when their product is inferior.

True Dat Lennard.  :2thumbs:

Pat, nice to see that Legendary stepped up. :cheers: