News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Great work, as always. Is that a TanksInc. or an Aeromotive fuel tank Pat?

keepat

Quote from: Lennard on December 08, 2019, 04:25:44 PM
Great work, as always. Is that a TanksInc. or an Aeromotive fuel tank Pat?

Fuel tank is from Tanks.
Thank you!
Pat

Lennard

runningman

Quote from: keepat on December 08, 2019, 08:15:41 AM
Quote from: runningman on December 07, 2019, 09:12:28 PM
This is the most badass thing I've ever seen man, nice job!  Curious as to why you went Vintage Air instead of Classic?  I'm torn between the two, I apologive if you've addressed this already.  Thanks!

Matt

Matt,
No preference but I had installed a vintage air on my sons Bullitt mustang and was happy with the quality and installation.
Thank you
Pat

:cheers: Thanks Pat!

keepat

mike69440

16 Spark Plugs.

So nice to see an engine not covered in plastic!

My heart is going pitty-patter.

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

orange383

I don't see any flaws in your work anywhere. Just amazing!

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn Pat!!! Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it sitting back on the ground with the wheels on it.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mike69440

Pat

Those Valve covers would look nice Gold anodized. Will stand up better over time or even grey Hard Coat?

alfaitalia

Quote from: mike69440 on December 11, 2019, 12:52:32 PM
Pat

Those Valve covers would look nice Gold anodized. Will stand up better over time or even grey Hard Coat?

Knowing  Pats standards...that would have to be actual gold!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

keepat

Quote from: kokxville on December 09, 2019, 05:09:24 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Just beautiful  :coolgleamA:

Thank you!

Quote from: orange383 on December 10, 2019, 08:21:36 AM
I don't see any flaws in your work anywhere. Just amazing!

That's because I stay out of all the pictures ;-) I have my fair share flaws and mistakes but thanks for your kind words!

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 10, 2019, 07:37:28 PM
Damn Pat!!! Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it sitting back on the ground with the wheels on it.   :2thumbs:

It's been a few years but I'm looking forward to seeing the wheels on it as well even if it doesn't have the front fenders yet! Maybe this weekend!
Thank you!

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 11, 2019, 05:43:35 PM
Quote from: mike69440 on December 11, 2019, 12:52:32 PM
Pat

Knowing  Pats standards...that would have to be actual gold!

Gold would stand out! But then I would need to buy some 26 inch wheels for the car ;-)
Just kidding PCP
Thank you!
Pat

mike69440

!8" Wheels are Just right.  Actually you need 3 or 4 different sets of wheels for the car.
For Street Tires, I very strongly recommend Continental Extreme Contacts size 285/40-18 on a 10 X 18 wheel
PS2's for the Track Circuits.
Several good choices for a drag tire are out there.

PS I am very partial to 1969 tear. That being said, your build is way above this very fine build. Way above.
What you did from body structure enhancement to all those "little" things really sets your car apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdhPC-DL54
The car in the video is 1/2 your car or less.

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on December 11, 2019, 08:55:34 PM
!8" Wheels are Just right.  Actually you need 3 or 4 different sets of wheels for the car.
For Street Tires, I very strongly recommend Continental Extreme Contacts size 285/40-18 on a 10 X 18 wheel
PS2's for the Track Circuits.
Several good choices for a drag tire are out there.

PS I am very partial to 1969 tear. That being said, your build is way above this very fine build. Way above.
What you did from body structure enhancement to all those "little" things really sets your car apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdhPC-DL54
The car in the video is 1/2 your car or less.

Very kind of you to say that! They built an amazing charger with a lot of the same parts that I used. Now that I'm coming up on my 6th year, I just wish I could've build my car in 3 years like they did.
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Moving along with a few projects! All the fuel, AC, and Hydroboost lines hooked up! Trans cross member and shifter is installed.
Thanks
Pat

i want you forever

photoupload

pic sharing

INTMD8

Love your attention to detail.  Excellent progress.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

moparstuart

you may have said  and i missed it ?  but did you tranny crossmember come with a kit or did you make it  ?   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Dart

Quote from: INTMD8 on December 22, 2019, 10:49:36 PM

+1 , just amazing!
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

keepat

Thank you! I may just get this thing done by summer time;-?

Quote from: moparstuart on December 24, 2019, 11:19:55 AM
you may have said  and i missed it ?  but did you tranny crossmember come with a kit or did you make it  ?   

When I bought the transmission set up, at the time there was not a crossmember available for the six speed, so I made one. I believe now there is a crossmember available form SST.
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Emergency brake cables installed using a small stainless steel roller that I got from West Marine. It guide the E brake cable after it passes through the sub frame connector.
Thanks
Pat

upload free photos

moparstuart

Quote from: keepat on December 25, 2019, 02:28:55 PM

Thank you! I may just get this thing done by summer time;-?

Quote from: moparstuart on December 24, 2019, 11:19:55 AM

When I bought the transmission set up, at the time there was not a crossmember available for the six speed, so I made one. I believe now there is a crossmember available form SST.
Thank you!
Pat

i got mine from hurst very early in the 6 speed conversions , it does the job but i have to cut on it and modify it .   yours looks great   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mike69440

The Shifter Nob Is labeled with a 4 Speed Pattern.

Was that done on purpose to hide the resto-mod aspect?

FCPSA should commission a coach builder to do a run of your cars, with a big fat licensing check to you.

The brake cable is to your usual standard!

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on December 27, 2019, 11:48:08 AM
The Shifter Nob Is labeled with a 4 Speed Pattern.

Was that done on purpose to hide the resto-mod aspect?

FCPSA should commission a coach builder to do a run of your cars, with a big fat licensing check to you.

The brake cable is to your usual standard!

I'm planning on engraving the 6 speed into the knob but I just haven't decided how I'm going to do it?? May just mill off the 4 speed and make an insert? I'm also sending the shifter and T handle to be rechromed.
Thank you!
Pat

nchrome

Keepat with what you have done to your car is great but l have one little question.  Are you going to drive this beauty or is she going to be just a trailer queen. She's your car its just mine will never be as nice but still l'm going to be proud to drive her where ever l want and really enjoy her.

TexasStroker

Beautiful work! 

And has no one really commented on the carb hats?  It is quite clearly the best use of Royal Dansk cookie tins in history  :2thumbs: :lol:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!