News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMike68

Quote from: keepat on April 13, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
Quote from: MoparMike68 on April 12, 2020, 09:40:13 PM
Pat;I read all of this thread,I'm not going to bore you with additional praise because ya have to
Know that your skills and car ROCK!  :coolgleamA: Thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs:

Mike, Thank you for checking out the build!
Pat
Pat, Thank you! Your work is outstanding clean and organized,ideas I'll be using for sure like when
Someone says,What's that square piece in your trunk? I'll say "That's a Keepat" it's an EFI access panel. :yesnod:
Can't wait to see more I'm addicted!  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

keepat

I received the 2nd version of my custom 3D printed fender tag from Dan at http://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/  . We made a few changes in the font size, letters in the alphabet and spacing. Hope to paint it black and install it on the inner fender soon. Dan is great to work with, and I'm very happy with the tag!
Thanks
Pat

orange383

The fender tag is a great idea.

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on April 18, 2020, 02:21:37 PM
The fender tag is a great idea.

Thanks! I think it's cool too!
Pat

keepat

Rear brake coolers painted and installed. Still working on a few ideas for the air intake screen.
Thanks
Pat

70 sublime

Um question

After you get this masterpiece done are you going to drive it hard enough that the brakes will get hot and could benefit from cooling ?

Car looks great  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 26, 2020, 09:30:23 AM
Um question

After you get this masterpiece done are you going to drive it hard enough that the brakes will get hot and could benefit from cooling ?

I plan to get on a few tracks when it's done. But you never know when you may find a Highland green Mustang in your rearview mirror;-)
Thanks
Pat

kokxville

Quote from: keepat on April 26, 2020, 10:12:44 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 26, 2020, 09:30:23 AM
Um question

I plan to get on a few tracks when it's done. But you never know when you may find a Highland green Mustang in your rearview mirror;-)
Thanks
Pat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :2thumbs: :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

keepat

I installed the steering column and the custom thicker grip steering wheel I made a few years ago. The thicker steering wheel is so much more comfortable then the thin original.
Thanks
Pat

https://www.facebook.com/495913940789909/posts/522539141460722?d=n&sfns=mo

orange383

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

krops cars

This is one sweet car. I think your sound deadening material is a little thick.

mopar4don

I absolutely love that wheel  :drool5:

XH29N0G

You never ever cease to amaze me.  I really love seeing the build and the ideas that have gone into it.   :2thumbs:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on May 19, 2020, 10:14:31 AM
Looking real good Pat.

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 19, 2020, 10:47:33 AM
Awesome

Thank you gentlemen!

Quote from: krops cars on May 19, 2020, 01:55:58 PM
This is one sweet car. I think your sound deadening material is a little thick.

Yeah, but it's real comfy ;-)
Thank you!

Quote from: mopar4don on May 19, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
I absolutely love that wheel  :drool5:

Thank you Don. I'm very happy with it and look forward to seeing how it works on the road.

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 19, 2020, 04:06:23 PM
You never ever cease to amaze me.  I really love seeing the build and the ideas that have gone into it.   :2thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words, and following along on this very long build.

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 19, 2020, 06:03:30 PM
Simply awesome Pat!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Installed the right side vent and door glass this week end. Very happy with the aftermarket power window regulator.
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Awesome Pat!
So what is the 2nd and 3rd pic?
Also are those original belt molding clips or did you find some re-popped ones?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 26, 2020, 07:32:55 AM
Awesome Pat!
So what is the 2nd and 3rd pic?
Also are those original belt molding clips or did you find some re-popped ones?

Hi Don,

The 2nd & 3rd pic is the felt that attaches to the front of the door glass. One original and one repro, to show how I found the top cut to fit.

As for trim clips, all are originals except for the aft bolt on clip. I repainted as I found and I got the bolt on clip from RT Specialty. The new bolt on clip need to be cut down as it is to wide.
Thank you!
Pat

mopar4don

Thanks Pat,
So when do you think you will be done? I know all the details take time. Just wondering what you are thinking?

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on May 26, 2020, 09:02:45 AM
Thanks Pat,
So when do you think you will be done? I know all the details take time. Just wondering what you are thinking?

Shooting for this year;-)

mopar4don

SWEET, I bet you cant wait!  :2thumbs:

I gave up estimating as I am always WAY off :icon_smile_big:

keepat

I Installed the passenger side rear window and trim. The AMD quarter glass was a heavy 1/16" taller on the rear 12 inches compared to the original. So I had to sand it down with a DA sander to get the best fit. All of the AMD glass has a rough finish on edge so I use the DA sander starting with 60 grit and working my way to 180 to polished edges that shows.
Thanks
Pat

INTMD8

Beautiful work as always  :cheers:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat