News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on March 18, 2021, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: keepat on March 18, 2021, 08:34:05 AM

I'm amazed at how much space all the parts to a car take in one's garage during a restoration. It's great bolting all the big parts back on the Charger and all the space it frees up for the next project;-)
Thanks
Pat

YES, he's gonna have another project!  :2thumbs:

Keep us in the loop!

Don,
Next one will be a late 30s or 40s vintage Woody wagon, for my wife;-)
Thanks
Pat

BLK 68 R/T

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on March 18, 2021, 05:51:45 PM
Quote from: mopar4don on March 18, 2021, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: keepat on March 18, 2021, 08:34:05 AM

I'm amazed at how much space all the parts to a car take in one's garage during a restoration. It's great bolting all the big parts back on the Charger and all the space it frees up for the next project;-)
Thanks
Pat

YES, he's gonna have another project!  :2thumbs:

Keep us in the loop!

Don,
Next one will be a late 30s or 40s vintage Woody wagon, for my wife;-)
Thanks
Pat

I understand, my wife wants an old pickup. :yesnod:
When you get to it Please send us a link to the restoration.

keepat

Install the hood turn signals and gave the hood one last cut and buff before I mount it.
Thanks
Pat

CRW-FK5

Very, very nice, as usual.  Always love the updates.

JB400

The first pic looks like black chrome :drool5:

mopar4don

Look at that there SHINE.
Awesome as always!  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on March 22, 2021, 08:06:37 PM
Very, very nice, as usual.  Always love the updates.

Thank you for following this slow build;-) should be a lot of updates over the next few months.

Quote from: JB400 on March 23, 2021, 12:28:57 AM
The first pic looks like black chrome :drool5:

I think black chrome would've been cheaper, maybe the next car;-)
Thanks!

Quote from: mopar4don on March 23, 2021, 06:33:01 AM
Look at that there SHINE.
Awesome as always!  :2thumbs:

Thank You Don!

Pat

keepat

Picked up the exhaust from JetHot last weekend and started to install it. I also mounted the hood and installed a cool stock looking power antenna from Retro Sound
Thanks
Pat

70 sublime

I have often thought about getting a retractable antenna
Looking at the Retro Sound web site
Why did you get the one with the flexible shaft to connect the motor to the mast instead of the one with the mast right on the motor ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

CRW-FK5

Are you planning on driving that work of art?  Even the sound of a small stone hitting the underside would make me nervous.  Wonderful work.

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 31, 2021, 08:26:54 AM
I have often thought about getting a retractable antenna
Looking at the Retro Sound web site
Why did you get the one with the flexible shaft to connect the motor to the mast instead of the one with the mast right on the motor ?

I'd like the idea of remote mounting the heavy part of the antenna to take the load off of the black paint as it shows every deflection.
Thanks

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on March 31, 2021, 05:15:14 PM
Are you planning on driving that work of art?  Even the sound of a small stone hitting the underside would make me nervous.  Wonderful work.

It will hit the road, I just hope the road doesn't hit back too much ;-) The first big road trip will be the 2022 power tour
Thanks!
Pat

Dans 68

Ah, hell, I thought you would show how your hood was mounted. You had help?  ;)

Still looks great!!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

keepat

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 01, 2021, 05:47:27 PM
Ah, hell, I thought you would show how your hood was mounted. You had help?  ;)

Still looks great!!  :2thumbs:

Dan

Dan,
Sorry no pictures of the process, charger hoods are incredibly heavy!
A good friend and my wife helped install the hood.
Thank you!
Pat

Dino

I haven't been on here for a very long time. The first thread I see is this one. I missed this build! What awesome work you do Pat!   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BDF

Agree with above comment. Wonderful, wonderful build!

keepat

Quote from: Dino on April 01, 2021, 07:04:59 PM
I haven't been on here for a very long time. The first thread I see is this one. I missed this build! What awesome work you do Pat!   :cheers:

Dirk, I hope you and yours are well! And thanks for checking out the build!

Quote from: BDF on April 01, 2021, 09:07:43 PM
Agree with above comment. Wonderful, wonderful build!

Thank you sir!
Pat

keepat

So black it's hard to see the grill frame to core support filler I made. I think it looks like something the factory would have made and not to custom looking.
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Good lordy that looks good!!!

I think the paint on the grill support is better than most new cars have. Excellent work!   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Fonzy

What a beautiful build, exceptional work Pat! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 03, 2021, 09:06:57 PM
Good lordy that looks good!!!

I think the paint on the grill support is better than most new cars have. Excellent work!   :2thumbs:

Quote from: Fonzy on April 05, 2021, 04:42:07 AM
What a beautiful build, exceptional work Pat! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us  :2thumbs:

Thank you gentlemen!
Pat

TexasStroker

Very nice...the exhaust came back great!  I'm trying to remember if you showed the filler panel earlier in the thread.  Did you just weld mounts for it?

I bet no one will even notice the core support being boxed in...especially with the gloss black!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 05, 2021, 05:14:45 PM
Very nice...the exhaust came back great!  I'm trying to remember if you showed the filler panel earlier in the thread.  Did you just weld mounts for it?

I bet no one will even notice the core support being boxed in...especially with the gloss black!

Like the filler panel the upper core support boxed in really looks like the factory did it. Only a Mopar guy would pick up on it. I think you have to go back about 4 years to see the post on boxing it in. I did weld 4 small tabs to attach the filler and 2 fasteners under the upper core support.

Boxing in the upper core support added a tremendous amount of rigidity you could actually lift the car up from upper core support. It also makes a great wire chase for the headlight harness.
Thank you!
Pat

TexasStroker

I hope to box mine in for the same reasons and have always wanted to do the filler panel...not just for looks, but it has to help with cooling via keeping the air routed thru the radiator.   :coolgleamA:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Hemidog

Quote from: keepat on September 29, 2020, 07:51:24 PM
With a little massaging the new replacement grill trim fits very nice. Was able to clean, Paint and reuse all of the original trim clips. Note there are two different size heads as well as two different length trim fasteners.
Thanks
Pat
Hi Pat, do you have any more pictures of where the 3 different fasteners go on the stainless trim? In my set I count 4 with a big head, 8 long with small head and 6 short with small head.
Also, I do not see you using the 8 spring clips?

Thanks.