News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funknut

Quote from: Hemidog on April 13, 2021, 02:26:22 AM

Hi Pat, do you have any more pictures of where the 3 different fasteners go on the stainless trim? In my set I count 4 with a big head, 8 long with small head and 6 short with small head.
Also, I do not see you using the 8 spring clips?

Thanks.

The 4 with the big head go on the left and right curved end pieces.  The 8 long ones pair with the spring clips.  I can't tell you exactly which of the small head ones go where, but maybe you can still see the witness marks on the grill plastic where the spring clips sat?  Also, I think the plastic has wider pads molded in for the spring clips to set on, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm remembering correctly.

keepat

Quote from: funknut on April 13, 2021, 06:54:54 AM
Quote from: Hemidog on April 13, 2021, 02:26:22 AM

Hi Pat, do you have any more pictures of where the 3 different fasteners go on the stainless trim? In my set I count 4 with a big head, 8 long with small head and 6 short with small head.
Also, I do not see you using the 8 spring clips?

Thanks.

The 4 with the big head go on the left and right curved end pieces.  The 8 long ones pair with the spring clips.  I can't tell you exactly which of the small head ones go where, but maybe you can still see the witness marks on the grill plastic where the spring clips sat?  Also, I think the plastic has wider pads molded in for the spring clips to set on, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm remembering correctly.

As noted above the larger head fasteners go on the outer ends of the C shaped trim and the shorter shaft smaller head fasteners are used on the inside of both C shaped trim. And the longer stud fasteners are use for the upper and lower straight sections of trim that as noted also use the spring clips. No spring clips are used on the outer C shaped trim.
Thanks and good luck!
Pat

INTMD8

Like everything else with this build, the paint is amazing  :drool5:

I may have missed it, what was your process for cut and buff?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 13, 2021, 02:43:39 PM

Page 52 post#1684

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,110212.1275.html

keepat

Finished the exhaust with the install of the S/S tips. Also installed the grill and finished the headlight wiring. Then the aluminum & carbon fiber bumper mounts, and valance. And started working on the front brake air intakes and mounted the horns under the headlights
Thanks
Pat

WhiteOnGreen

Q5XX29

"Impressive" doesn't begin to cut it, Pat. If you are ever able to part with your astounding creation, please remember to contact me.  :cheers:

Clint
dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Quote from: Q5XX29 on April 14, 2021, 05:01:39 PM
"Impressive" doesn't begin to cut it, Pat. If you are ever able to part with your astounding creation, please remember to contact me.  :cheers:

Clint

Clint, Thank you, the not for sales price would have 2 comma ;-)
Pat

Ryan

I am excited to see this thing so close to being finished, very happy for you pat.  This car has given me lots of inspiration for my own build...... maybe someday ill get mine done lol.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Q5XX29

Quote from: keepat on April 14, 2021, 09:17:56 PM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on April 14, 2021, 05:01:39 PM

Clint

Pat

Yes, I'm not surprised. I've been known to pay seven figures for cars I love, however.
dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Quote from: Ryan on April 14, 2021, 11:30:53 PM
I am excited to see this thing so close to being finished, very happy for you pat.  This car has given me lots of inspiration for my own build...... maybe someday ill get mine done lol.

Ryan, I'm getting very excited see this project completed as well! Thank you for the kind words and good luck with your project!
Pat

Pat
[/quote]

Yes, I'm not surprised. I've been known to pay seven figures for cars I love, however.
[/quote]

You will be the first to know;-)
Thanks
Pat

Back N Black

This is the best 68 Charger on the planet. :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: Back N Black on April 15, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
This is the best 68 Charger on the planet. :2thumbs:

Wow! I'm not sure about that, but I know it's the best 68 that's parked in my garage:-)
Thank You!
Pat

keepat

My LO horn is bad, looking for a replacement Prestolite horn. Please see picture for part numbers. I'm not concerned with date code but would like to have the same horn.
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on March 31, 2021, 07:19:04 PM.....The first big road trip will be the 2022 power tour.....

Is this the Power Tour you're referring to?

Link to 2021 show:
https://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

Great updates BTW.

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 17, 2021, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: keepat on March 31, 2021, 07:19:04 PM.....The first big road trip will be the 2022 power tour.....

Is this the Power Tour you're referring to?

Link to 2021 show:
https://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/

Great updates BTW.

Yes very cool tour, been on few of them. I highly recommend anybody that loves their cars and loves this country, no better way to enjoy both! Can't make it this year, our first grandchild is due in August;-)
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Front brake air intakes are ready for paint just need to install the bumper and do any final adjustments to them.
Thanks
Pat

INTMD8

Quote from: keepat on April 13, 2021, 03:33:48 PM

Page 52 post#1684

Thank you! So if I'm understanding correctly you started with 1500 and nothing courser? I'm surprised it ended up that amazingly straight without starting with blocking with 800 or so.  Speaks to your ability to lay out material nicely. It's gorgeous!

Your brake ducts turned out awesome as well. Just to throw in .02, even if perfectly wiped down clean, I've found it's a bit easier to weld aluminum like this if you first take a fine 3m roloc to all areas that will be welded.  (to remove invisible surface oxidation).

At that point, with how nice your fitment is you can start the weld with filler rod and finish the entire seam fusion with no filler.

Won't change the end result but saves time knocking down the weld bead.

If you ever sell this thing set reserve at a million.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 26, 2021, 10:09:54 PM
Quote from: keepat on April 13, 2021, 03:33:48 PM

Page 52 post#1684

Thank you! So if I'm understanding correctly you started with 1500 and nothing courser? I'm surprised it ended up that amazingly straight without starting with blocking with 800 or so.  Speaks to your ability to lay out material nicely. It's gorgeous!

Your brake ducts turned out awesome as well. Just to throw in .02, even if perfectly wiped down clean, I've found it's a bit easier to weld aluminum like this if you first take a fine 3m roloc to all areas that will be welded.  (to remove invisible surface oxidation).

At that point, with how nice your fitment is you can start the weld with filler rod and finish the entire seam fusion with no filler.

Won't change the end result but saves time knocking down the weld bead.

If you ever sell this thing set reserve at a million.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the aluminum welding tip! Maybe on the next car I'll have this tig welding figured out;-)
Pat

keepat

Mounted the front bumper, and painted & installed the front brake air ducts. The air ducts are inconspicuous painted black.
Thanks
Pat

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  That is one SEXY bitch 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

keepat

Quote from: moparstuart on April 27, 2021, 04:59:38 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  That is one SEXY bitch 

Hey my car hasn't picked a gender yet;-)

darbgnik

Wow, those brake duct intakes disappear! Awesome!  
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

keepat

Quote from: darbgnik on April 28, 2021, 12:08:00 AM
Wow, those brake duct intakes disappear! Awesome!  

Thank you! I'm happy with how they fit and disappear!
Pat

keepat

Crazy, I started this thread 7 years ago today!
I didn't think it would take this long.
Thank you all for following along!
Pat