News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 25, 2021, 04:16:51 PM
Great to see you've reached the finish line Pat, we can all say, Great!, Awesome!, Killer!, Beautiful!, over the top!, etc, etc, etc, but there's really no one word that can fully describe the amount of work, detail, dedication, design, engineering and sweat you put in to that masterpiece.... you set the bar extremely high!

MikeG
totally and completely agree  , Pat you put all those clowns on TV to shame 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

keepat

Great to see you've reached the finish line Pat, we can all say, Great!, Awesome!, Killer!, Beautiful!, over the top!, etc, etc, etc, but there's really no one word that can fully describe the amount of work, detail, dedication, design, engineering and sweat you put in to that masterpiece.... you set the bar extremely high!

MikeG

Mike,
Thank you for your very kind note! Reaching the finish line as you put it. To me it's more like reaching the starting line of the next project. Driving this car on a long tour and to a few events will be fun, but not as much fun as building the next car!
Thanks again!!
Pat

Quote from: moparstuart on June 25, 2021, 05:08:30 PM

MikeG
totally and completely agree  , Pat you put all those clowns on TV to shame 

Stuart,
Except for a few on TV, that's not hard to do;-)
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Almost ready for Carlisle. Last polish and ready for ceramic coating. A few details left but I did make my own 6 speed Inland shifter knob out of a 4 speed knob. I was unable to find a engraver that could engrave on a curve So I used number stamps and hand carving the new shape. Looks good from arms lengths;-)
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Pat,
What an AWESOME job you have done on EVERYTHING!
I really like those one off custom wheels!

I really wish I could see it in person at Carlisle, then again probably best I wont be there as there would be drool all around that black beauty!  :drool5:

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on June 29, 2021, 10:26:44 AM
Pat,
What an AWESOME job you have done on EVERYTHING!
I really like those one off custom wheels!

I really wish I could see it in person at Carlisle, then again probably best I wont be there as there would be drool all around that black beauty!  :drool5:

Don, Thank you and good luck with your Charger! You've come a long way with all the work you put into it and I really love the color!
Thanks again!
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on June 29, 2021, 05:18:12 AM.....Almost ready for Carlisle.....

Great update Pat. I had the impression that you were holding off showing Bullitt this year due to family obligations. I think I read it on here somewhere, I could be wrong. Anyway that's awesome if you're taking to Carlisle. Get ready to be mobbed and drilled with questions lol. Any chance of taking it to the Mopar NATS in Columbus this year? Unfortunately I'm unable to attend Carlisle this year. If not the NATS are you going to tour Bullitt next summer? Would love to see it in person.

:cheers:

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 30, 2021, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: keepat on June 29, 2021, 05:18:12 AM.....Almost ready for Carlisle.....

Great update Pat. I had the impression that you were holding off showing Bullitt this year due to family obligations. I think I read it on here somewhere, I could be wrong. Anyway that's awesome if you're taking to Carlisle. Get ready to be mobbed and drilled with questions lol. Any chance of taking it to the Mopar NATS in Columbus this year? Unfortunately I'm unable to attend Carlisle this year. If not the NATS are you going to tour Bullitt next summer? Would love to see it in person.

:cheers:

No family obligations for the first week of July, however we are expecting our first grandchild first week of August. And as long as our daughter-in-law is not a month early all is good for Carlisle;-) I think the Charger will be a one and done car show, unless I get an invite to SEMA? I do plan on taking it on the 2022 hot rod power tour.
Thank you!
Pat

darbgnik

Just wow! Car looks amazing.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

keepat

Found some vinyl covered trunk storage boxes ($18.00 ea) that fit nicely on either side of the trunk. Made some plastic cleats to hold them in place, yet easily removed. And some 2" foam, cut outs to hold things in place.  The box under the fuel fill is where my tire plug kit is, you need to remove the aft box to access tire kit. Now my tools, cleaning gear, rags and air pump with plug kit are neatly stored in stock looking the truck.
Thanks
Pat

INTMD8

Final polish looks amazing!!

I would have to change up the shift knob a bit however.  

If it was me I would do 4-5 coats of black, mask around shift pattern (not perfectly, just keep it to center of knob), dust it with 1-2 coats of white,  wet sand back until sharp and polish.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

TexasStroker

Fantastic work...even the vinyl trunk bags worked out beautifully.

I've got to ask...what height are your ceilings in the garage?  Looks like you were able to fit an ACR up top?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on July 04, 2021, 11:51:57 PM
Fantastic work...even the vinyl trunk bags worked out beautifully.

I've got to ask...what height are your ceilings in the garage?  Looks like you were able to fit an ACR up top?

Ceiling height is 11' and we added one more panel on each of the garage doors so that the tracks and door operators are tighter to the ceiling. ACR fits but it takes extra long ramps to get that low car on the lift.
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Very cool!  I've toyed with adding a lift, but the two center trusses of the shop would limit lifting a bit.

Good luck at Carlisle!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

Carlisle served as a great motivation target to finish this car! After the show we had a magazine shoot! The show was fun, but glad that it's over and even happier to get home with no problems!
Thanks
Pat

Bronzedodge

Congratulations on the fine debut at Carlisle.   Did I see a MCACN invite at your spot today?
Mopar forever!

keepat

Quote from: Bronzedodge on July 11, 2021, 08:21:11 PM
Congratulations on the fine debut at Carlisle.   Did I see a MCACN invite at your spot today?

If there was a MCACN invite, I didn't see it?
Thank you!!
Pat

chargerperson

congratulations as well.  Sorry I missed the - the car looks great

WHITE AND RED 69

Wow!!! Car looks amazing Pat. Great job on everything!

I'm kinda sad it's almost done though, now we don't get to keep seeing the cool updates on the process. But it was great motivation to watch it come together.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Bronzedodge

Quote from: keepat on July 11, 2021, 09:17:04 PM

If there was a MCACN invite, I didn't see it?
Thank you!!
Pat

I might be mis-remembering.   You certainly should get an invite for that level of craftsmanship.  The Ridgely Show on Sept. 19 would be a nice drive for the car, perhaps.
Mopar forever!

keepat

Put a little over 30 miles on the car this morning. I stopped at a small airport to snap a few pictures by a very cool old hanger. Car ran and performed well! A few small glitches, biggest being the speedometer is not working. I need to troubleshoot if it's a cable, gear or gauge problem?
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

The car looks great out in the sunlight!  Hopefully you get to enjoy it a lot after all the hard work  :2thumbs:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

Put the car on the pro-form scales today. It looks like all of the weight savings between the aluminum engine, bumper mounts, 9" rear and RMS coil over suspension shaved off 300 lbs from the factory weight of a hemi 4 speed car. This is amazing considering all of the additional unibody reinforcements I made to the car. My car is 3/4 full of fuel and weighs 3664 lbs. Specs I find online for a factory hemi 4-speed, Dana car comes in at 3974 lbs. That is awesome considering I was shooting for about 200 lbs lighter! The other cool thing is that it's a bit better than a 45/55 split.
Thanks
Pat

Lennard

WhiteOnGreen

Quote from: keepat on August 22, 2021, 12:01:12 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=W6mNVhrM5XQ&feature=share

Hey Pat, Be careful with the chase, even though this time I'm sure you won't lose the hubcaps  :lol: :lol: