News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on August 23, 2021, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: keepat on August 22, 2021, 12:01:12 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=W6mNVhrM5XQ&feature=share

Hey Pat, Be careful with the chase, even though this time I'm sure you won't lose the hubcaps  :lol: :lol:

Just speed limit, I promise;-)
Thanks

orange383

This has been an awesome build from day one Pat. The detail, quality of workmanship and the tasteful modifications are incredible and an inspiration.

I'm enjoying seeing the photos and videos of the car out and about. Great stuff!

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on August 25, 2021, 07:25:03 AM
This has been an awesome build from day one Pat. The detail, quality of workmanship and the tasteful modifications are incredible and an inspiration.

I'm enjoying seeing the photos and videos of the car out and about. Great stuff!

Thank you, it means a lot to know the others have enjoyed this Long build! I know not everyone approves of modifying such a classic car like a 68 charger, but I think most approve of how I've kept the stock look of this car.
Thanks again!
Pat

keepat

Picked up the next car a 1966 Pontiac GTO a few weeks ago in Minnesota. Original paint, chrome, interior, engine, trans, and rear! Unmolested 61,000 mile surviver. Car only had 16000 miles in 2002. Amazing documentation from all 3 owners.

No restoration for this car just paint correction cleaning and detailing preservation!

Drove it 1200 mile back home, used/ leaked 1/2 qt of oil. Ran great and made about 13+ mpg.

Thanks
Pat

Q5XX29

"Drove it 1200 miles home" - that is awesome. I want to be Pat in my next life.  :cheers:
dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Making progress on the new shop. All the electrical work is complete just waiting for BG&E our local power company to hook up the meter. I was concerned that the slab was a little thin for the two post lift so I opted to cut two 4'x 4' holes and had two 5'x 5'x 14" slabs poured. Also insulated both of the 12' x 12' doors. Cabinets and lift will be here first of the year.
Thanks
Pat

dreamcatcher

Pat that is a real find! I am a Mopar fan but love a Pontiac! I am working on a 69 GTO 400 4bbl Ram Air III 4 speed car now. It is a Mopar site I know but I would love to see a few more pictures like under the hood and interior. I was going to message you as I have a few questions on the engine in your Charger. I have a hemi I want to put in my 72 Charger. Anyway you really scored on the goat.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

keepat

Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 21, 2021, 05:03:51 PM
Pat that is a real find! I am a Mopar fan but love a Pontiac! I am working on a 69 GTO 400 4bbl Ram Air III 4 speed car now. It is a Mopar site I know but I would love to see a few more pictures like under the hood and interior. I was going to message you as I have a few questions on the engine in your Charger. I have a hemi I want to put in my 72 Charger. Anyway you really scored on the goat.

I've said this before but I think the Pontiac and the Mopar muscle cars of the 60s are very similar and I think it might be the one brand a hard-core Mopar or a hard-core Pontiac guy would own. I just spent the last month wet sanding compounding and polishing the 55 year old lacquer paint on the GTO. And the car looks amazing for its age. Below is a link where you can see a lot of great pictures when the car was new and how the car looks today. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have on your hemi swap.
Thank You
Pat

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853458

1970Moparmann

Pat, just went through the thread of the GTO - WOW!   Great results!  Car looks fantastic!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

keepat

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 23, 2021, 08:24:49 AM
Pat, just went through the thread of the GTO - WOW!   Great results!  Car looks fantastic!

Mike, Thank you! It's a cool time capsule and I'm very happy with how well the paint came back. It's a different kind of cool compared to the Charger.
Happy holidays!
Pat

INTMD8

Awesome job on the GTO, she is beautiful!

Seems some were nervous about your approach but seeing your abilities to turn the Charger into a mirror I had no doubts  :2thumbs:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on December 30, 2021, 01:04:42 AM
Awesome job on the GTO, she is beautiful!

Seems some were nervous about your approach but seeing your abilities to turn the Charger into a mirror I had no doubts  :2thumbs:

Thank You sir! I am very happy with how it turned out and it's an easy car to drive and not have to worry about every little chip or scratch. I had it out yesterday, it was thirsty;-)
Happy new year!
Pat

dreamcatcher

Pat,
That is a cool fuel can. Are you running special fuel in your cars?
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

keepat

Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 30, 2021, 02:52:18 PM
Pat,
That is a cool fuel can. Are you running special fuel in your cars?

Yes, they are great fuel cans we have 4 of them at the marina. 7 1/2 gallons each and we use them to fuel the tenders on the yachts and my cars when no one's looking;-) We use AV fuel which is 100 octane low lead. It has a great shelf life and it's about $6.00 gal. Here in Maryland we don't have easy access to non-ethylene fuel so I run AV fuel in all of my cars that don't have catalytic converter's (because of the low lead)
Thanks
Pat

keepat

We are registered for the HotRod power tour this June. Kurt in his Bullitt Mustang and me in the Bullitt Charger. I'm excited to hit the open road with both car! It will be about 2800 miles round trip. It's been about 9 years since going on the tour with Kurt's Mustang.
Thanks
Pat

birdsandbees

Sounds like some great fun Pat. Just make sure your Bullets pull up to the gas pumps properly...  :icon_smile_big: .. and not McQueen style..
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

keepat

New shop update. The power is on, floors are polished and sealed, lift is installed, wall cabinets installed, and the heat/air system up and running! I will be installing the base cabinets this weekend. Should be ready for my car projects soon!
Thanks
Pat

orange383

That's awesome Pat. My garage is about as wide as your 2 post lift which means working on the car is quite a challenge.

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on February 21, 2022, 05:47:18 PM
That's awesome Pat. My garage is about as wide as your 2 post lift which means working on the car is quite a challenge.

Still better than working outside on the driveway like we used to do in our teens;-)
Thanks
Pat

dreamcatcher

Beautiful shop Pat. How tall are the walls? I went with 12 foot and wish I had put 14 footers. I have 2 lifts and it is ok for cars but not for SUV's or pickups. I went with 2 , 4 post lifts so I can move them if I want to. I wish I would have gone with 1 , 4 post and one 2 post. The 4 posts don't allow to lift leaving the suspension hanging. Anyway great shop. I hope we will see many more cool builds.

keepat

Quote from: dreamcatcher on February 22, 2022, 12:04:24 PM
Beautiful shop Pat. How tall are the walls? I went with 12 foot and wish I had put 14 footers. I have 2 lifts and it is ok for cars but not for SUV's or pickups. I went with 2 , 4 post lifts so I can move them if I want to. I wish I would have gone with 1 , 4 post and one 2 post. The 4 posts don't allow to lift leaving the suspension hanging. Anyway great shop. I hope we will see many more cool builds.

The ceiling are a little over 13' high. The standard two post lift is 12' tall but I ordered this one with a 12" extension, lift is about 3" from the ceiling. When I bought the property (for the garage;-) it came with the 4 post lift and casters. Nice thing about the 4 post lift with the casters is that you can roll it outside to power wash or clean $ degrease the bottom of a old car.
Thank You!
Pat

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

keepat

keepat

Just finished reading the May issue of the Mopar Collector Guide and got a cool surprise. On the second to the last page they tell you what's coming up in the next issue. I see a picture of my car on the top right hand corner with the caption Modernized Bullitt 1968 Charger tribute car. Looking forward to the next issue;-)
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on February 15, 2022, 09:07:18 PM.....We are registered for the HotRod power tour this June.....

Is that the one that starts out in Norwalk, Ohio? At the Summit Motorsports Park?

Thanks