News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 10, 2022, 11:08:40 PM
Quote from: keepat on February 15, 2022, 09:07:18 PM.....We are registered for the HotRod power tour this June.....

Is that the one that starts out in Norwalk, Ohio? At the Summit Motorsports Park?

Thanks

This starts at Memphis international raceway and ends up five days later Atlanta motor Speedway.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Shop update, All cabinet and countertops are installed. I labeled each cabinet & drawer in alphabetical order using car emblems. The 3 tool cabinets I used engine displacement emblems from Pontiac, Dodge, & Ford. I'm not sure if it will help me remember where stuff is, but I think it looks cool;-)
Thanks
Pat

https://fb.watch/bMb3anEDWv/

6T8440

Hello Pat ~ your attention to detail is absolutely incredible.  :2thumbs:
Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

keepat

Quote from: 6T8440 on March 15, 2022, 10:50:43 AM

It's an uncurable disease that I got from my father;-)
Thanks
Pat

armor64

Quote from: keepat on March 15, 2022, 02:21:26 PM

Thanks
Pat

I dunno, the last picture has a light switch issue... top row with 1 switch up, bottom row with 1 down.... time for a complete rewire, cant let that stand.
Your shop is a Dream come true, i only wish one day ill have more space than my parents 1.5 car garage to work in.
Keep up the amazing work Keepat!

70 sublime

Have been kicking around the idea of getting a post hoist for our shop also

Can you run the hoist up high enough when not in use that you can walk around under the arms to keep them out of the way instead of tripping over them on the floor all the time ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

keepat

Quote from: armor64 on March 16, 2022, 07:16:33 AM
Quote from: keepat on March 15, 2022, 02:21:26 PM

Thanks
Pat

I dunno, the last picture has a light switch issue... top row with 1 switch up, bottom row with 1 down.... time for a complete rewire, cant let that stand.
Your shop is a Dream come true, i only wish one day ill have more space than my parents 1.5 car garage to work in.
Keep up the amazing work Keepat!

My electrician was also giving me a hard time about all the light switches:-)
Thank You!
Pat

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 16, 2022, 10:12:14 AM
Have been kicking around the idea of getting a post hoist for our shop also

Can you run the hoist up high enough when not in use that you can walk around under the arms to keep them out of the way instead of tripping over them on the floor all the time ?

It is nice to have them up and out of the way when not in use. I am just under 5'-9" and clear, but if you were any taller you would hit your head. I think you can special order the lift to go higher if needed.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Getting the charger and the mustang ready for the 3000 mile HRPT. It's great working in the new shop instead of working on the new shop;-)
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

That is one Awesome shop!

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on April 12, 2022, 01:23:43 PM
That is one Awesome shop!

Thanks Don! Still have a few things to finish up, but I can work it in now! Next year I plan on adding a 28 x 36 addition that will be the dirty work part of the shop where I can do metal and body work and paint.
Pat

WhiteOnGreen

Humm, Another project under the car cover?

keepat

Quote from: WhiteOnGreen on April 12, 2022, 04:51:31 PM
Humm, Another project under the car cover?

That's a 1972 Trans Am I restored (all original)12 years ago.
Next project will be a 40s woody for my wife (there's a joke somewhere in that line;-)
Next Survivor car (for me) will be a 1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville.
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

The new shop looks great...how do you like the cabinets?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 16, 2022, 01:45:10 AM

The Baldhead cabinets are awesome! Pricey but made in the USA!
Thanks!
Pat

TexasStroker

Quote from: keepat on April 16, 2022, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: TexasStroker on April 16, 2022, 01:45:10 AM

The Baldhead cabinets are awesome! Pricey but made in the USA!
Thanks!
Pat

Nice, glad to hear!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Picked up a few things for the road trip this June;-)
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Still looks amazing. The garage too!  :cheers:

How's it been running?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 21, 2022, 05:28:09 PM
Still looks amazing. The garage too!  :cheers:

How's it been running?

Thank You sir! She has been running great but the big test will come in June when I put 3000 miles on her.
I'm looking forward to the road trip, wish me luck:-)
Pat

472 R/T SE

Pat, hey buddy!   :punkrocka:

Im pretty sure I caught up on this thread years back but I apologize for asking, whats this 3000 mile trip you speak of?

AbsoFulutely beautiful!!!

keepat

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 11, 2022, 05:02:29 PM

Im pretty sure I caught up on this thread years back but I apologize for asking, whats this 3000 mile trip you speak of?

Hi Mike,
We are taking both cars on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It starts in Memphis Tennessee, with stops at the Nashville Super Speedway, then Hoover AL, next day we drive to Panama City, and then on the last day we drive up to Atlanta Speedway. There's a few cool pitstops along the way one of them will be the Wellborn Musclecar Museum. Round-trip starting from Maryland Will be about 3000 miles in eight days. So looking forward to hitting the road with my son!
Thanks
Pat

472 R/T SE

Quote from: keepat on May 11, 2022, 08:42:03 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 11, 2022, 05:02:29 PM

Hi Mike,
We are taking both cars on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It starts in Memphis Tennessee, with stops at the Nashville Super Speedway, then Hoover AL, next day we drive to Panama City, and then on the last day we drive up to Atlanta Speedway. There's a few cool pitstops along the way one of them will be the Wellborn Musclecar Museum. Round-trip starting from Maryland Will be about 3000 miles in eight days. So looking forward to hitting the road with my son!
Thanks
Pat

I don't have the words to express how cool it is that your boy is following your footsteps.  As a parent, thats all we  dream of.  He sounds like a good kid.

Sent a PM as to not clutter this thread.

INTMD8

Shop and cars look awesome!   :cheers:

Was it hard finding someone to polish the concrete floor?   Post some pics of your 59 Cadillac when you get a chance, I have one of those as well.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on June 10, 2022, 09:56:44 AM
Shop and cars look awesome!   :cheers:

Was it hard finding someone to polish the concrete floor?   Post some pics of your 59 Cadillac when you get a chance, I have one of those as well.

Easy to find but hard to get them out for small polishing jobs. They like to do 3000sf and bigger.
No 59 Cadillac yet, but soon! Would love to see pictures of yours!
Thank You!
Pat

INTMD8

Yes, that's what I found and really wanted. My shop is only 1700sq/ft and I couldn't get anyone out to do it.

My car is basically a heap.  I bought it from the son of the original owner in, I think 2013? Not a survivor but stuck in time.  Would say it got an earl scheib or equivalent paint job in the 70's.  I wet sanded/polished that.   Rebuilt the drivetrain.  The 390 with reground cam, mildly ported heads, ls1 valves/springs runs out harder than I would expect. Still has points and original coil. 

The hydraulic motor for the top was filled with gelled brake fluid. Cleaned out and refilled, works perfect.  All windows work, signal seeking radio, antenna, everything.  Only bulb I had to replace was for the rear license plate.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9663/BnlvfZ.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5036/k2mjxS.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/4486/qqrxCz.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6924/gSKLkY.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSShgUcuj88

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq