News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Grille Trim Fit...

Started by csx4590, May 02, 2014, 03:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

I haven't painted my grille yet but I bought a reproduction set of the trim that runs around the outside and the "I" piece. When just placing the "I" piece on the old grille, it doesn't seem to line up the way the original did. Is there a way to bend the pieces without messing them up? Has anybody else used these new repros? Planning on painting the grille soon and was concerned about the fit. Thanks...

twodko

If you're referencing the "T" parts at top and bottom, if they are far from confirming to the grille frame I'd
send it back and buy from B E & A.

Don't try to bend any of it.

Mount the "I" piece loosely in place the capture the ends of it
with the straight trim pieces loosely fastening them. Same with the "C" pieces.
Use blue painters tape to hold all the joints together against the grille
then start snugging down all the fasteners from the center pieces outward until all of the trim seats.
Another set of hands is very helpful.
You already know it's not going to lay like OEM stuff but it can be made to seat pretty well.
It's tedious but snug each nut down a little and move around the assembly until all the nuts are
very snug against the spring clips. You don't want to flatten those clips.  :Twocents:

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

I thought Gunslinger was the only source for that grille trim?

twodko

Patronus

Try flipping it upside down. It's not the same top to bottom. You can bend it to fit a little better too.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

twodko

Gosh, I forgot about that. My bad. :shruggy: