News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drivers side vent box question?

Started by crj1968, May 05, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

So sorting through the boxes of parts my car came with. I found the drivers side vent box thing disassembled.

How does the flapper thing attach to the pivoting rod ? I have bags of stuff, but no hardware that I see for that.  :shruggy: 

Also on the opposite side, the air box is pulled out, how does the air box inlet thing attach to the cowl? There are no bolt holes or studs or anything.  :shruggy:   Thanks!

fy469rtse

Testing my memory, I thought studs ? Have a look at at threads on interior here , been covered lots of times, right side has j bolts , the j end loops over the top , studs threaded end through holes in lip to air box , washer and nut , x 2 pull it up tight to cowl , it could be the same for both sides

crj1968

Yeah the left box just slides over some studs. I'm wondering how the flapper thing in the box attaches to the pivot rod. The flapper has two holes drilled in it, so there must be some sort of clamp thing.

J bolts on the right side- gitchya, I think I saw those. thanks!  but WHY Chryco? WHY?   :rotz:

tried the search but coming up short.   :shruggy:

crj1968

Ah found a picture of one.  Hmmmmm, I see now, better dig deeper in my pile o parts

Hard Charger

Quote from: crj1968 on May 06, 2014, 09:30:45 AM
Ah found a picture of one.  Hmmmmm, I see now, better dig deeper in my pile o parts

bolts on by those 2 small bolts clamping the rod between the flapper and the wedge shaped retaining plate.

fy469rtse

good job,  :2thumbs:
nows you chance to change or make new seals for top and door , otherwise you will have the wind whistling in when you least want it too , and the noise will be annoying as well

Hard Charger

when I bought my seal kit from DMT it did not include the seal that goes around the flapper door. just the seal around the plastic housing to the cowl.
surprising the flapper seal was in very good condition and very pliable.

crj1968

Quote from: Hard Charger on May 06, 2014, 04:06:20 PM

bolts on by those 2 small bolts clamping the rod between the flapper and the wedge shaped retaining plate.

Yeah- I see, I just don't have the wedgy plate thing.

Quote from: Hard Charger on May 06, 2014, 06:53:06 PM
when I bought my seal kit from DMT it did not include the seal that goes around the flapper door. just the seal around the plastic housing to the cowl.
surprising the flapper seal was in very good condition and very pliable.

Thankfully mine is in good shape too. Thanks!

Quote from: fy469rtse on May 06, 2014, 04:56:24 PM
good job,  :2thumbs:
nows you chance to change or make new seals for top and door , otherwise you will have the wind whistling in when you least want it too , and the noise will be annoying as well

Hmmm I seem to remember that whistling in many O' previous rides. Annoying as well or annoying as he**?