News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you use to keep the vinyl pliable in your Charger?

Started by odcics2, May 06, 2014, 04:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

I use the MeGuiars vinyl conditioner or whatever they call it.  So far it seems to work.

myk

Hmmm....excellent topic. It's been over a year since I had my interior redone and I'm sure my vinyl needs nourishment...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

fy469rtse

Ghoste , he meant on his vinyl not personal use  :lol:
I use the same seems to work Myk , also on the car

Ghoste

fy469rtse

its good for us older guys lol, if it softens up 40 + vinyl it cant hurt ,  :icon_smile_big:
Myk either maguires or mothers work well ,

Bob T

I use Johnson and Johnson baby oil, have done for years since an upholstery guy gave me the tip, it doesn't rot stitching, is cheap as chips and its not a whole lot of nasty chemicals fighting each other and leaving a sloppy discolouring goo on your trim and seats.
Give it a try.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

bill440rt

I started using Mother's VLR a little while ago, I really like it. Not to greasy or shiny. Natural looking vinyl protectant.
I was using some Black Magic Protectant for a short while, hated it. Very slippery, shiny, & greasy. Garbage. (Clear minds, people. Clear minds.)  :lol:

For tops, try RaggTopp. Excellent stuff! I haven't seen it in stores around here, just swap meets & online ordering.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 07, 2014, 04:28:48 AM
303 Aerospace Protectant for me  :2thumbs:

I've heard great things about that stuff.  Where did you buy it Chris?

Back N Black

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on May 07, 2014, 08:24:19 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 07, 2014, 04:28:48 AM
303 Aerospace Protectant for me  :2thumbs:

I've heard great things about that stuff.  Where did you buy it Chris?

LOL I have bought it online from resellers such as Autogeek.net

But recently I won it!  ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

johnnycharger

twodko

No John, were talkin' about upholstery and such.

Jeez, does Julie know you posted this? If she finds out, you're toast.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

johnnycharger

Lol Tom! It's great stuff! 

twodko

Does O'Reilly's or Napa carry Voodoo products? I'd like to try it.

johnnycharger

Quote from: twodko on May 08, 2014, 11:12:31 AM
Does O'Reilly's or Napa carry Voodoo products? I'd like to try it.

Im not sure but I know Pep Boys and Wal-Mart have it.

twodko

Calif240

I spoke to a professional upholstery guy and he said the only thing he recommends is Lexol and he uses it on all of his stuff. They have a special formula for Vinyl (I think it's called Vinylex) versus Leather and you need to be sure you use the correct one, as Vinyl is synthetic while leather "breathes" and absorbs moisture differently. That being said, I have both and they work excellently. His recommended process was to be sure to clean the areas with a damp rag and get any dirt out before ever applying any chemical cleaner/protectant. Hope this helps...

Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

twodko

I've never heard of Lexol but def going to research it.

ODZKing

I use a Meguiars product that I can't remember the name of at the moment. It is think like a gel and purple.  The other reason I like it is it smells like grape.  I think it is "Endurance".   :shruggy:
Anyway, it makes everything thing shine including hoses under the hood and lasts a long time.
Great stuff!