News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 Screws

Started by XS29LA47V21, May 12, 2014, 11:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

I know, that is a lot of screws in a given duration under certain conditions, but not those screws.

A-Pillar Screws - Could some please share with me what the Daytona/500 A-pillar screws are, I have forgotten.... length, details etc and where I can find some?  Do they match other exterior or interior 69 screws  :smilielol: :slap:   Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Wingnut426

I use the same screws used to hold the exterior mirrors on. :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

RallyeMike

Mine were in the trunk. So I will be interested to know also. For now. I just used some from the parts stash that looked correct.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi68charger

Jason,
I can take one out of my a-pillar on the yellow car and take a picture for you. I do believe they are the original ones...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

CornDogsCharger

I would be interested in knowing too because the car I am working on had three different screws that were probably dug out of a junk drawer. Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

69_500

I will sort through some pictures. I am pretty sure I have a picture of one up next to a tape measure.

XS29LA47V21

Any up date's.  The mirror screw would seem very close, maybe to long?

hemi68charger

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on May 20, 2014, 09:36:02 PM

Jason,
Call me today after 5pm. By the time I get home, I forget to take the pictures for you.............. You know my number... I need a friendly reminder every once and awhile........

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 21, 2014, 06:52:37 AM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on May 20, 2014, 09:36:02 PM

Jason,
Call me today after 5pm. By the time I get home, I forget to take the pictures for you.............. You know my number... I need a friendly reminder every once and awhile........

I will touch base.  A buddy pulled one out of an original Daytona somewhere south of the Mason Dixon line west of the Atlantic...lol.  Best I can tell from photo it is 1-3/16" long shoulder to tip, Philips obviously, chrome, full threaded, rounded top.  Feeling like the side mirror screw will be very close but have not looked at parts car yet..   

Advice or info still welcome from one of you guru's, does it match one of the factory screws?

69_500

Totally spaced looking for my pictures. I apologize. Pretty sure I have a picture of one next to a tape measure. There might be a picture of one buried in the thread on Geno's car too. But that might take a while to find.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on June 05, 2014, 11:17:28 AM
Totally spaced looking for my pictures. I apologize. Pretty sure I have a picture of one next to a tape measure. There might be a picture of one buried in the thread on Geno's car too. But that might take a while to find.

Jason,
Are you referring to the screws that hold the deflector along the windshield or the wing-window side of the A-pillar? Based on my experience with the two C500's and Daytona I've owned, they are different.....

Troy

69_500

Ok it has driven me crazy, but I can not find my pictures of the screws at all. I have went through about 20,000 photos so far to no avail.

FJ5WING

Thanks for the effort!

I will ask Tom @ R/T Specialties when I see him at Carlisle.
wingless now, but still around.