News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C vents

Started by hawkeye, May 16, 2014, 01:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

What year did they stop making the 2 side vents out of metal and start using plastic?

fy469rtse

1970 2nd gen , I have a set of both  , I've seen late 69 with plastic , assuming they were original to car

hawkeye

Thanks, I knew some 68's had metal and some 70's had plastic but wasn't sure when the change over happened.  They appear to be identical, so when they ran out of the metal ones, the rest got plastic.  I have a couple sets of each and the metal ones are nicer (more durable) but they are HEAVY.

fy469rtse

I used the metal ones in my 69 , less wear and tear, they came up great once repainted and detailed

twenty mike mike

Quote from: hawkeye on May 17, 2014, 06:39:50 AM
Thanks, I knew some 68's had metal and some 70's had plastic but wasn't sure when the change over happened.  They appear to be identical, so when they ran out of the metal ones, the rest got plastic.  I have a couple sets of each and the metal ones are nicer (more durable) but they are HEAVY.

Interested in getting rid of a set?