News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I have seen this answered somewhere....

Started by RD, March 14, 2006, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

but I cannot find it.  I have a 70 Charger to be a daytona clone.  What fenders can I (or supposed to) use?  70 only?  And what are the differences between the 69 and 70 fenders?  Thanks.

RD
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dodgecharger-fan

70 fenders come up short at the leading edge to accommodate the 1970 wrap around bumper.
That same leading edge accommodates the Daytona nose cone.

The 69 fenders curve down and finish with a finished and tapered leading edge.

hemigeno

Jamey,

Some good info and pictures in this thread about the fender modifications you'll need to make:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4798.0.html

RD

Quote from: hemigeno on March 14, 2006, 01:10:42 PM
Jamey,

Some good info and pictures in this thread about the fender modifications you'll need to make:

cool thanks!!!  I will go through that puppy tonight!  I do not have pics yet, but the 70 I am getting has the complete interior and the quarters (from what my Uncle has told me) are straight and the car is pretty rust free (from the western side of ND, no salt on the road and pretty dry weather up there).  I should get the car in May or June.  I cannot wait to get this puppy going.  (on a side note, he is bringing me down two more 3rd gens also :D :D )
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Crazy Larry

Quote from: RD on March 14, 2006, 11:14:43 AM
but I cannot find it.  I have a 70 Charger to be a daytona clone.  What fenders can I (or supposed to) use?  70 only?  And what are the differences between the 69 and 70 fenders?  Thanks.

RD

There are a few threads were we tackled this question - but from what I understand, that even the 1969 Daytona's used 1970 Charger fenders because the '70 Charger design was already in production.

Blown70

Quote from: RD on March 14, 2006, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on March 14, 2006, 01:10:42 PM
Jamey,

cool thanks!!!  I will go through that puppy tonight!  I do not have pics yet, but the 70 I am getting has the complete interior and the quarters (from what my Uncle has told me) are straight and the car is pretty rust free (from the western side of ND, no salt on the road and pretty dry weather up there).  I should get the car in May or June.  I cannot wait to get this puppy going.  (on a side note, he is bringing me down two more 3rd gens also :D :D )

That is not Russ is it. ;)

RD

no, its not Russ.  My Uncle lives in Bowman.