News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger Quarter panel question?????Straight or rounded

Started by javakmcharger68, August 08, 2005, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Trying to do the body work on my 68 charger quarter panels & having trouble getting a peice right. In the picture attached I have circled the area I am wondering about. Basicly what I am wondering is in this area (in pic) is the panel on chargers flat or rounded. I only seen on other persons charger & his was rounded alot more to say the least as mine. The body line on the other charger I seen was not defined well(almost no body line), so I don't really know where to go from here. The wheel wells were replaced on my car on both quarter panels before I bought the car, so I don't know if the person I bought the car off of messed up & put the panel on too flat. The referance car that I seen was the total opposite of my car. Rounded a lot. Above the circled area on my pic is supposed to be rounded & in mine is, until you hit the body line just above the quarter. Help , help, please.

Troy

It's supposed to be rounded with very defined body lines. These are original:

Here's some pictures from cars at the Mopar Nationals:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

javakmcharger68

From the pictures you replied with(thanks Troy), it looks like it is rounded but not that much. Very small roll to the spot I mentioned. Would this be correct or not. Thanks again

javakmcharger68

Troy

Yes, that currves down. I'll see if I have a better picture from directly behind the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

javakmcharger68

Thanks again Troy. Need to get this done before my home sells & times ticking. It is a hard area to see unless your right beside the car. All pictures are welcome.

4402tuff4u

Hey Troy, Is that your car? It's got to be, especially with a plane next to it! :icon_smile:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"