News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally starting the interior restoration

Started by sstcuda, May 22, 2014, 12:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sstcuda

Need some opinions.............I just made the appointment for my 68' R/T to be dropped off to get the new vinyl roof put back on & a new headliner installed. I want to order all new hardware for the install and not use the original hardware given its age.  I am having a brain fart as to what to order and don't want to forget anything and also don't want to hold up the shop doing the installation. I already have a new dome light, as far as hardware I am thinking clips to hold the chrome body molding, new roof emblems with nuts, headliner clips just not sure how may are required. Its a black interior should I need to get new sail panels ???

Looking ahead who has the best weatherstripping and molding, etc on the market.

Thanks

will

New sail panels, I did get those. I'd also get the rear window trim, mine crumbled upon install. I'd paint the trim and make sure the seat belts are able to be put in. New windshield gaskets. Backglass gasket also. If you need new trim, I'd buy that too.

Hard Charger

need to have the roof and headliner installed also, could I ask what the labor cost for that is?

fy469rtse

dont forget the insulation to put in roof before headliner,
also hang some masking tap of the edge and mark it so you can find holes later for you coat hooks and such , seat belts if the roof mounted,
you going to sound deaden , nows the time to do it

sstcuda

Quote from: Hard Charger on May 22, 2014, 05:15:19 PM
need to have the roof and headliner installed also, could I ask what the labor cost for that is?

It's going to be 650-700 for both