News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing car movie

Started by Ghoste, May 22, 2014, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Sorry if this came up already, but apparently they are about to start filming a movie about the wing cars?  Anyone know more about this?

Ghoste

Oh wow, cool.  So this is a legit thing then.

Aero426

I don't know much more than you do at this point.    What I do know is that it is not a documentary.    They have built/are building some replica cars.   

odcics2

And Larry Rathgeb wants nothing to do with embellishments...

Note: "An engineer named Larry".   (no last name...) 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

Which means they are embellishing?

odcics2

A383Wing

I wonder how much "stuff or info" is gonna be wrong?

Ghoste

The story is already larger than life just in the mythical stature it took on in the car hobby.  The true story is fantastic enough without "embellishing".

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on May 22, 2014, 07:05:47 PM
I wonder how much "stuff or info" is gonna be wrong?

One of the people involved is a long time wing car owner.   So it may be ok.    Personally, I would much prefer to see a straight up documentary.    

Often, these kind of movies tend to be cheesy.    I give you a short clip from the Alan Kulwicki movie. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXGF7Xu7j8

A383Wing

Daytona Guy

I hope they talk about the 70 Charger Daytona RT SE  :yesnod:

Dane

wingcar

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend".
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

True enough isn't it?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: odcics2 on May 22, 2014, 04:25:59 PM

Note: "An engineer named Larry".   (no last name...)  

Could it be??

Cooter

I saw the grab line on a poster the other day.

"Winged Warriors, way ahead of his time, Larry designed the grossly huge rear wing and Corvette nose and started a whole F&F franchise"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Not too sensationalistic is it?  ::)

odcics2

LOL, since 'Larry" didn't design the nose and wing....      :Twocents:

Cooter

Wasn't talking bout that 'Larry'.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

crj1968

Quote from: Aero426 on May 22, 2014, 07:35:30 PM

Often, these kind of movies tend to be cheesy.   

Uhhh.....yep!  Well even with bad acting at least there may be some cool cars in this WW film.

Ghoste

And some good high speed footage.  Although its likely to be all cgi.

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2014, 05:19:59 AM
And some good high speed footage.  Although its likely to be all cgi.

Remember when you were a kid and took a 33 1/3 LP and played it at 45?     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Mike DC

They would speed up the footage.  No question.  

Every movie does it.  It's not noticeable when they do it, it's noticeable when they OVER-do it.  It's been this way since the early days of cinema.  Running footage double-speed looks obviously fake.  But just adding an extra 15 or 20 mph onto a shot that is already pretty fast  . . . that usually works fine.  

In the case of NASCARS they could probably shoot stuff at around 130mph and show it going 180mph in the final cut.  Very few people would spot that.  Another 60mph added on sounds like a ton, but it's not really huge proportionally.  (There are shots in "Bullitt" and "Vanishing Point" cranked up in that proportion.)  And NASCARS don't do much in terms of big obvious movements, which is the main giveaway.

Ghoste

I always thought a lot of the Bullitt and Vanishing Point stuff looked too awkward but then as a car guy I maybe look for it more than the average viewer too.