News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Concours d'elegance of America

Started by 69_500, June 02, 2014, 08:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I had talked to Doug about wanting to go to this show to see the aero car display. Thought there was already a thread about it, but could not find it anywhere. So are any of the rest of you guys planning on attending the show to view the cars? Looks like a car lovers dream with something to satisfy just about anyone's taste in cars.

69_500

Aero426

Bob Ashton is putting the ring together. It should be a nice group.

hemi68charger

This would be nice to go to.......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I'll be going and for the first time going back as far as when it was Meadowbrook, just as a spectator and not working so I'm looking forward to it.  They've always had a nice selection of cars with an emphasis on American performance that many concours events don't offer.

69_500

I will see you there then Ghoste.

Ghoste

held1823

this is just a W.A.G. on my part, but i suspect a local car will be part of the festivities
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69_500

Ernie, you dragging the Daytona up there?

held1823

Lord no, the only place mine is fit for dragging to is the junkyard.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

69_500

Feel freeto bring it to my place anytime you want.

Aero426

Got my packet the other day.   Now just have to change a water pump and clean up the engine bay mess from last year. 

69_500

We'll I guess they are in need of some cars to display that are not of the nicest appearance. So I will be bringing the 500 up to the show as well. Time to get the headliner replaced. Otherwise they may turn me around at the gate.

Mytur Binsdirti

69_500

Made arrangements today to get headliner in the car before this show. Just took a little persuading.

Ghoste

Mopar John

Quote from: held1823 on June 04, 2014, 08:47:38 AM
Lord no, the only place mine is fit for dragging to is the junkyard.
Ernie,
Not to worry we will have our B5 Daytona there from Indiana!
MJ

held1823

lol john. they swapped my weekends at work, so i may have to call in sick that weekend to make it there.

i thought maybe larry b was taking his car to this show, but he ended up at some fancy schmancy shindig at edsel ford's place last week.

the poor fellow had to buy dress shorts and a shirt with a collar, just to get in. i've known larry for thirty years and have never seen him this gussied up before.

what is cool about this photo (besides larry's garanimals outfit) is that it shows the second, third, and fourth owners of the daytona.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

i think i will be able to trade weekends with a coworker, and might try to make this event.

i see that john, dan, and doug (race or street version?) are taking cars. ghoste will also be there. is anyone else from the board going, either as a participant or spectator?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar John

Dann
Quote from: 69_500 on June 25, 2014, 08:53:03 PM
Made arrangements today to get headliner in the car before this show. Just took a little persuading.
Danny,
Your 500 will be fine in this show! The last Concours that we entered had a good mix of cars.
There was a nice original low milage unrestored car, several restored cars at different levels
and a couple of cars that were actually being driven. See you there!
MJ

TheAutoArchaeologist

Wellborn will be bringing the Hemi Daytona there.

69_500

Guess headliner will not be replaced before this show either. Ordered from legendary in June. Still has not arrived. Oh well maybe by Talladega.

69_500

Welbourne is here with the Hemi Daytona. There is also a Hemi Superbird here, and the Hemi 500 finer details restored as well. Sounds like there is going to be pretty nice collection of Aero cars here. Looking forward to tomorrow.

We were there for about 4-5 hours today. Not much to look at there today, but we went for a cruise down Plymouth road, and saw quite a few nice rides.

Ghoste you gotta stop by the car at some point tomorrow.  My kid was really liking the Duesenbergs.

Aero426

We did the Mopar show at the Gilmore museum near Kalamazoo today.  Just got my rig parked a while ago.