News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Power Window Kits - Chime in!

Started by bill440rt, June 10, 2014, 12:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

The recent thread on power windows vs manual got me thinking as to what aftermarket power window kits are out there.
I've seen two companies offer kits so far: Electric Life & Nu-Relics. Both companies also offer harnesses & switches available separately. Switches appear to be GM-based.
However... it appears they only offer kits for the doors, NOT the quarter windows.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I'd like to hear from members that have installed aftermarket power window kits. Was it an easy install? How did they fit? Where & how did you run the wiring? How do they operate? For those that did a conversion, were you able to retain your door panels for the power switch holes or did you have to purchase replacements? Good/bad, etc?
Also, if only front kits are available what did you do for your quarter windows?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Bill the 4 window kit that XV used to sell was a Nu-relic kit.  Don't they make those anymore?

I found a complete original set for a good price so I'm going that route but the Nu-relic kit would be my next option, but with the stock switches, not the GM type.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

I'd thought about it (for a second) for the 67. Using the window crank moving one way for down, the other for up.
Decided it was money I didn't need to spend.
Here are a couple places I have bookmarked.
www.autoloc.com/ these guys make them a few different ways.  Summit carries them as well.
http://www.a1electric.com/colibri.htm
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8496_Absolute-HW600.html

bill440rt

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2014, 10:02:38 AM
Bill the 4 window kit that XV used to sell was a Nu-relic kit.  Don't they make those anymore?

I found a complete original set for a good price so I'm going that route but the Nu-relic kit would be my next option, but with the stock switches, not the GM type.

Thanks for the replies, gents.  :cheers:
Dino, yes I believe those are still available. But the only kits I see on their website is for the doors. The only 4-window kits advertised are for E-bodies.  :brickwall:

Dino

Quote from: bill440rt on June 12, 2014, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2014, 10:02:38 AM

Thanks for the replies, gents.  :cheers:
Dino, yes I believe those are still available. But the only kits I see on their website is for the doors. The only 4-window kits advertised are for E-bodies.  :brickwall:

Give them a call, I know they had the 4 door kit for b bodies because I almost bought them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

71charger_fan

I'm happy with the Electric Life kit I put in my '71. I did have to put in door jamb contacts because I kept pinching the wiring.