News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painless 21 Circuit Wiring Harness; Is it worh a shit?

Started by 68_383charger, June 10, 2014, 08:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Well, there was no more parasitic draw, but I found I had a charging problem still.  I was using the old alternator that I had in the car back in 2007 when I tore the car apart.   

My friend brought over a tester and found it was putting out well under 12 volts to the battery at idle.  Took it to a local parts store and they tested it, sure enough it failed the test.

No one in my area had a single field wire 50 amp in stock, so I went ahead and bought a 60 amp 2 field and grounded the second one to the housing.

It's putting 13.4 volts to the battery at idle.  So far so good.  Car runs better now too!   :icon_smile_big:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

mopar0166

mopar0166

haven't updated in a while, but I love the harness and it was easy in my opinion to put in especaily with the light package etc. 

very minor things made a difference like the connections on the turn signal switch or a ground

work great and my lights are working excellent , couldn't be happier on how it intregated the msd in and one wire alt.

UH60L

I have been driving the car to shows and cruise-ins and all over this summer, and haven't had any problems until last week.  I started blowing turn signal fuses, like 4 in a 5 miles stretch... tried putting in a 20 amp fuse just to see if maybe Painless had put in too small a fuse for all those bulbs but after a day I blew that one too.

Wasn't sure what was up, but I turn on the headlights last Saturday and noticed the left hood turn signal indicator was on.  I'm guessing the park and turn signal wires are touching/shorting somewhere.

UH60L

Found it, long story short, pun intended  :icon_smile_cool:  the steering column bracket was squishing the right turn signal wire...

1batt4u

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new updated wiring harness kit. I went through this thread and saw what people bought and their experiences with their products.

I wanna do the entire harness, with updated fuse box, preferably connectors on the harness. I would like to add power windows sometime also, will the harness have an option with that as well?

I also noticed someone mention that one of the harnesses they bought, the connector for the headlight is an update. Their headlight still had the old original connector and will update sometime to the updated headlight. What needs to be updated on the headlights, is it just wiring or some electric mechanism?