News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get new PowerBooster for Powerbrakes?!?

Started by NYCMille, August 08, 2005, 09:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hi Guys -

I installed my BAER Brakes this past week only to find out that my power booster is bad. I called up Master Power but they do not have any installed and said I would have to get mine rebuilt. Any ideas where I can do this or where I can get a new one?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

eSJayDee

If it's just an original style booster you need, just any old auto parts store should do.  I believe NAPA (that carries their own brand) has both Midland-Ross & Bendix types available (w/ or w/o M/C); also AFIAK, A-1 Cardone, if they're still around, has rebuilt ones.
You might have to send your out to be R&R'd, but hopefully, they'll have one in stock at a warehouse somewhere.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do a search for Booster Dewey.......he advertizes in Hemmings all the time.   i have heard good things about his work

QuoteBRAKE booster rebuilds: 1964-90, $95; 1959-63, $115; plating available. Call "Booster" Dewey, 503-238-8882, OR.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chryco Psycho

we have a good rebuilder here if you want to ship it this far

Deano

Booster Dewey is the man to see about rebuilt Boosters.
Power brake Booster Exchange Inc.
4533 S.E. Division
Portlans OR 97206
(503) 238-8882
9-5 Mon-Fri PAC time
He rebuilt mine and I love the way it feels. No Moussy brake peddle. Better than original.

Deano
69 Charger SE Triple Green
04.5 2500 4X4 Cummins QC Ram Graphite
04 jeep GC Limited Graphite
Combat Boots Green

471_Magnum

Power Brake Machine here in Evansville, IN rebuilt mine.

PM me if you need the contact info.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

NYCMille

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 09, 2005, 12:35:43 AM
we have a good rebuilder here if you want to ship it this far

Could he replace a broken mounting stud while he was at it?
If so, PM me the details for cost and shipping, please.

It might need other parts too. It was totally non functioning when I got it.
I know there is an opening on the side that is not plugged. I haven't even looked to figure out what goes there.

I assume the rebuild includes a proper finsh too. Yes? No?

flashley18

Just my 2 cents worth -  I used Booster Dewey for my 69 Daytona Booster and he does excellent work.  He was also much  more inexpesive that any other rebuilds that I looked ad. 

Ghoste

471_Magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on August 21, 2005, 08:03:30 PM
What is an average cost to rebuild these?

I think I paid about $100. It was a few bucks less than Advance listed for a remanufactured unit (which they could not locate).

Remanufactured booster are an option in some cases. I couldn't find a Bendix booster for mine though. Fortunately, we have a rebuilder in town.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

Mine still works but if I keep this lump, I want to revamp the brakes.  Thanks.

Mopar Crazy

My Charger has power drum brakes. I'm putting front disc set in.
Do I have to change the brake booster? OR modify it in any way????
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Ghoste

You should be okay with the booster.  Make sure you get a proper master cylinder though.

Mopar Crazy

Is  there is a differance between a disc brake master and a drum brake master???
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Ghoste

Yes.  I have some other threads going on at the moment trying to solve a master problem that pertains to me but one of the mods graciously posted a table listing the different disc brake masters in the thread on that topic.

bull

Hey, if you need any help with that Booster Dewey dude let me know. I've never heard of him and yet I live about 10 miles away.

flashley18

I am going to get our booster redone and I spoke to Booster Dewey last Saturday.  He quoted $122.oo to rebuild including return shipping and an extra $59 if you want the booster itself replated in the original gold tone whatever you call it.  Personly I am going for the semi gloss black to save the $50.  He did a booster for me about 10 years ago and he did a great job.

His buisness is Brake Booster Exchange in Portlnad and the phone is 503-238-8882