News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I gotta question

Started by Chris G., March 15, 2006, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

I kind of like this wing car area. Lot's of info, a little drama here and there, and a new kick arse Mod to keep the place straight. :yesnod:

Anyway, do you guys know how many Daytona's came with factory cruise? How about dual mirrors or even power windows? Any numbers or known cars with those options would be helpful.

Thanks.  :thumbs:

XXHEMI

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 15, 2006, 07:08:32 PM
I kind of like this wing car area. Lot's of info, a little drama here and there, and a new kick arse Mod to keep the place straight. :yesnod:

Anyway, do you guys know how many Daytona's came with factory cruise? How about dual mirrors or even power windows? Any numbers or known cars with those options would be helpful.

Chris
I know of one with those options! But I'am sure it's the same one you know of ::)

Aero426

A very generic answer, but the answer is, "Not very many".

Chris G.

Quote from: XXHEMI on March 15, 2006, 07:21:42 PM
Chris
I know of one with those options! But I'am sure it's the same one you know of ::)

Same one Ed. :yesnod:

hemigeno

You obviously have me confused with someone else...   :-[

Very few had cruise control IIRC.  Maybe 3 or so?  I have seen none myself, but cruise wasn't on the list of "N/A" options.

On dual mirrors... out of my meager sampling (that contains fender tag info from about 1/10th of the known Daytonas) I have only two listed that have the G31 RH mirror coded.  Chris might have more info in the '69 Registry, as he may have had info submitted to him, plus there were several Daytona Fender Tags I passed along to him that I failed to keep a copy of for my own little spreadsheet - *doh*

So far, I have no cars on my abbreviated list with Power Windows, but I have seen a couple of cars at shows with them - I just wasn't keeping track of the Fender Tag info then.  Again, it wasn't a common item.

Sorry I'm not much help.  I figured Doug would have quoted the answer without even looking  :P

*edit* while I was typing this, I'm wondering from others' replies - are you looking for the number of cars that had all of these options? 

Aero426

Chuck Porter's L9B355108 is loaded up like this.   PW, cruise, 6 way seat, AM/FM.  Although I can't see it in the photo, he says it has a RH mirror as well.    I'm sure there's just a handful like this.

This photo was from 1974.  Then owner Bryson Hill sold the car to Steve Michalec in 1988.  Michalec sold it to Chuck in 2000.     Chuck has been rounding up lots of parts for it.  It is rust free, orig exhaust, and aside from the crimped nose, a dream car to restore.   What little unibody damage was measured and corrected recently and it has taken an alignment.   

Chris G.

Quote from: hemigeno on March 15, 2006, 07:31:34 PM
plus there were several Daytona Fender Tags I passed along to him that I failed to keep a copy of for my own little spreadsheet - *doh*

Boy I regret that as well. If I knew then what I know now, I would have been taking tag pics back in '86.  :-\

*edit* while I was typing this, I'm wondering from others' replies - are you looking for the number of cars that had all of these options? 

Geno, the options together would be nice, but even dual mirrors on a Daytona is something I rarely see.

hemi68charger

Man, I had a picture of a Daytona with cruise.. Grrrrrrrr, can't find it know amoungst all my other pics.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 15, 2006, 07:57:48 PM
Man, I had a picture of a Daytona with cruise.. Grrrrrrrr, can't find it know amoungst all my other pics.........

Troy, I am pretty sure I was the one who sent you close up pics of the cruise control. I think you needed them for your project?

I still have them in case you need them.  :wave:

65post

L9B423239 has power windows.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 15, 2006, 08:08:57 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on March 15, 2006, 07:57:48 PM

Tryo, I am pretty sure I was the one who sent you close up pics of the cruise control. I think you needed them for your project?

I still have them in case you need them.  :wave:

Ding Ding Ding.....  Yes, you are correct Sir........

I think so, I think I put them in my "misc" folder and purged the stuff...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger Aficionado

That GREEN Daytona SE that was on eBay 3 years ago had them.  MINTY car.  STOOD out in my mind as having them...  I wonder where that car is now.  Does anyone recall what it sold for?  I think 130k???

69_500

I can only think of 3 Daytona's that I"ve seen with factory Cruise Control. Can't think of the VIN's off the top of my head. I can see where I have them wrote down though. Don't know about how many have the whole lot of options you asked about.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on March 19, 2006, 06:38:11 PM
Don't know about how many have the whole lot of options you asked about.

Danny, swing by Jersey and you'll see one with all those options.  :yesnod:

daytonalo

WHERE IN N.J, IM FROM VOORHEES

69_500

Well I did talk to the owner of  that car at Englishtown last year. I have some photo's of it, but haven't had the chance to oogle it in person. maybe one of these years.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on March 19, 2006, 08:10:43 PM
Well I did talk to the owner of  that car at Englishtown last year. I have some photo's of it, but haven't had the chance to oogle it in person. maybe one of these years.

You sure D? That car hasn't seen E-town in over 20 years.

Chris G.

Quote from: daytonalo on March 19, 2006, 07:59:33 PM
WHERE IN N.J, IM FROM VOORHEES

You're about an hour away from us. If you want to come up one Saturday night for the biggest cruise in Jersey, let me know.  :thumbs:

BigBlockSam

Hey Burnt
  i know that bridge, daytonalo is more like an hour and 1/2 away. it would be cool to pull into the whiskey cafe with a bunch of daytona's
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Yeah I'm sure I talked to the owner of that car at Englishtown last year. His car wasn't there. He was however. Like I said I haven't ever seen the car in person, but I have seen pictures of the car before.

3--Daytona

69-500----hemigeno-------
My black car has g-31 in the fender tag.    3--daytona

hemigeno

Quote from: 3--Daytona on March 23, 2006, 09:00:58 AM
69-500----hemigeno-------
My black car has g-31 in the fender tag.    3--daytona

Jim, that's somewhat of a rarity.  As a matter of fact, I only have 4 other cars with G31 on my meager spreadsheet.  The NEXT question for you though is whether or not your car also has G33.  All the others do, but we've kicked around in the past that it was possible to order just G31, in which case both the LH and RH mirrors would be manual mirrors.  That's not very common at all on '69 Chargers.  Some guys have pointed out a '69 Coronet or two with just G31, and it seems that '70 Chargers have it a lot more.

Thanks for weighing in on the subject.  Glad to see that the tornados didn't knock your PC out anyway - everything else alright?

Gene

69_500

Thanks for the info their Jim. Are you going to be at Vegas this weekend? I"m guessing not since your typing on here.

3--Daytona

Hemigeno----------69-500--------Sorry to be so long in getting back,,,,,,Yes my fender tag has G33 in it      also.
                  Not going to make it to Vegas this year,black car is not done,wont be for awhile,, I did think about taking my 69 Brcuda  MOD TOP,, but its still 1500 miles. Phil Painter the promoter of Mopars at the Strip did call me personely to see if I was coming,,,but not this time.
                                                                  3--daytona

69_500

I was hoping you were going to be out there Jim. There was actually a few other Daytona's out there this year. I believe I counted a total of 4 Daytona's and 4 Superbirds there this year. Of the 4 Daytona's though 1 was white, 2 were R4 red, and one was V2 orange I believe.