News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing Rear seat... think I am missing something !!

Started by Canadian1968, June 18, 2014, 07:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I am trying to the the rear seat back in my 68 Charger.  I can get the bottom in fine. But when I try to put the top ( back  ) in it won't stay down on the hooks. If I put the back on first and then try to put the bottom in , the bottom just pushes the back up off the hooks.

I read a couple post that said there are supposed to be tabs in the bottom corner of floor or the wheel wells???  I do have to wire hoops at each bottom corner of seat back that look like they should hook on to something but I just don't have anythign there.

Is there supposed ot be something there? If so does anyone have some pictures, I am gonna have to make something up I think?

tsmithae

Did you get the 2 bottom bolts to hold the seatback in place?
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

HeavyFuel

:scratchchin:

After the seat back gets hung on the upper hooks, the loop should go in the tab welded to the wheel well.

Then the wire frame of the seat bottom goes underneath the tab, holding the seat back in place and the back of the seat bottom down.

Then you just have to push down and back on the front of the seat bottom, and hook them down.

(if memory serves...)

Canadian1968

Yes  that's what I thought . I have the tab on one side but not the other !?  I will have to weld something on to make up for that !!! 

So just the tabs then? There should not be any bolts right ?

Ghoste

No bolts and even though its a hassle you have to do the back before the bottom.