News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front lap belts

Started by Voss, June 22, 2014, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

Finally got to the point where I installed my seat belts I got from Bill Edwards (great quality, I can highly recommend him).

I used C-10 bolts for the lap belt retractors. For the other end which bolts to the drive shaft tunnel I used C-12 bolts. Now, after tightening things up I found that the retractors and belts on the drive shaft tunnel are firmly attached and not possible to move. Is this correct? The shoulder belt and rear selt belts all have some free play in the attaching point.

Ghoste

I've always found a little free play in the retractors but I'm not sure that it's correct.

Dino

Mine move freely, I think the bolt has a ridge so when you tighten it, it will leave some play on the retractors.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Quote from: Dino on June 22, 2014, 08:02:44 AM
Mine move freely, I think the bolt has a ridge so when you tighten it, it will leave some play on the retractors.

:yesnod:
The bolts have a shoulder that bottoms out when tightening, leaving the belt/retractor some room to move.
You might want to try loosening them, make sure the shoulder on the bolt goes thru the mount hole. If they do, then perhaps the bolt shoulder is not long enough.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce