News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something seems off..

Started by comet_666, June 26, 2014, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Dash pads seem to have way to much gap between glovebox pad and middle piece. I know dash is broke but I don't think it's throwing it of that much.

Ghoste

Definitely off, is that the dash frame that was always in the car?

moparnut

Looks like the glove box needs adjusted. Some of the screws allow for up and down movement.The others allow left and right adjustment.  moparnut

comet_666

I'll try the adjustment thing. Dash is the one that came out of the car but needed some TLC so it may be messed up.

Ghoste

Yes, its a little nasty isn't it?

comet_666

Yah, we had to kind of remake it, came out good but still needs TLC. Do they make aftermarket shells?

Ghoste

Not that I've ever heard of.  You should be able to find a good used one though.

bill440rt

Used dash shells are out there. Just make sure to find one for your model year, & a rallye dash. Standard dash frames are different. I've been told the ignition lock openings are different between '68 vs '69. And '70's had the ignition lock on the column.
To me it looks like your center pad is either warped or crooked vs the glove box door, which appears to be straight & not warped or bowed. You can try carefully tweaking the back metal from on the center pad to get it to fit better. It might be a compromise adjusting each to get them to line up.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

comet_666

Quote from: bill440rt on June 27, 2014, 02:48:57 PM
Used dash shells are out there. Just make sure to find one for your model year, & a rallye dash. Standard dash frames are different. I've been told the ignition lock openings are different between '68 vs '69. And '70's had the ignition lock on the column.
To me it looks like your center pad is either warped or crooked vs the glove box door, which appears to be straight & not warped or bowed. You can try carefully tweaking the back metal from on the center pad to get it to fit better. It might be a compromise adjusting each to get them to line up.
I know you are correct, I have 2 sets of these, one black and one green that was died black, this one is bent on the lower left corner pretty bad by the threads, only reason I used it was because I would have to clean the other with acetone to remove the dye and re dye it. I took the lazy way out.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Frames differ between AC & non-AC as well :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

VegasCharger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 28, 2014, 02:01:02 PM

Yes they are but doesn't a Non A/C dash frame have perforated lines on the backside to enable you to punch them out for the A/C vents  :shruggy:

six-tee-nine

where are the differences? Anyone have pictures of both to compare?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

ACUDANUT

Quote from: comet_666 on June 27, 2014, 08:31:24 AM
I'll try the adjustment thing. Dash is the one that came out of the car but needed some TLC so it may be messed up.

Damn, find a donor/replacement dash. :Twocents:

bill440rt

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 05, 2014, 01:08:52 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 28, 2014, 02:01:02 PM

Yes they are but doesn't a Non A/C dash frame have perforated lines on the backside to enable you to punch them out for the A/C vents  :shruggy:

No perforations.
Just measure 3 times, cut once.
Did a similar mod here:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87688.0.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce