News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOW IN STOCK!!!!!!New alternator belt adjusting tool!

Started by resq302, November 21, 2013, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow car enthusiasts, I finally have the proto type in my hands!  I set out on a quest to reproduce the hook shaped alternator belt adjusting tool that hooks into the fin of the alternator just like the factory service manual shows, only with an improvement!  How many of us out here have used a pry bar only to end up pinching the heater hose and causing the hose to leak?  I know I have at least on one occasion.  I tried to find this tool at many parts stores and swap meets and since it seems to be geared more towards only Mopars, I had to end up purchasing one from a friend who was a mechanic.  Going off of this tool, I was thinking about how many people carried a half inch drive set in their tool box.  From asking people at cruise nights and car shows, the answer was not many.  When making this tool I incorporated not only the 1/2" drive size like originally was there but also integrated a 3/8" drive size in case one would need to use this tool on the side of the road with their tool kit in the car.

Price is $20 each. (price increasing to $25 due to rise in material cost starting midnight 12/19/13)  I am presently researching a company to get a rubber channel to cover the side of the tool where it makes contact with the alternator so it will not scrape or mark up the finish of the alternator when you are using the tool on it.

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

My delivery came in from my manufacturer!  Now available for sale for $20 each plus $7 flat rate shipping.  Contact me for payment details.  Special thanks to Dave for his help with getting this project off the ground!

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

original post modified due to price increase of materials through manufacturer. Price is now $25 for each tool plus $7 flat rate shipping within the USA. Message me for details.
Brian