News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10" drum on rear of R/T ?

Started by Canadian1968, July 10, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

Just getting my brakes back together . The car has 10" drums on the rear , I thought all r/t came with 11" on the rear ??

Dodge Don

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Canadian1968 on July 10, 2014, 09:36:41 PM
Just getting my brakes back together . The car has 10" drums on the rear , I thought all r/t came with 11" on the rear ??

Unless they have factory front disc brakes. Is your car a disc brake car?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

fy469rtse

No I don't think it was , it is now if I remember correctly,
That would explain the lack of correct proportioning valves on it ? Hope I have it right

Ghoste

You'll want to make sure you get some in there to keep a front/rear bias.

UFO

Housing swapped out at some point in it's life?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: fy469rtse on July 11, 2014, 05:02:11 AM
No I don't think it was , it is now if I remember correctly,
That would explain the lack of correct proportioning valves on it ? Hope I have it right

I'm confused . Do you know the op car, or do you two acounts here?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

fy469rtse

Nah , chargerbrodie, he asked a question the other day about lack of proportioning valves on his car and what it should have I pointed him to mine and other threads , showing him early and late models differences

Charger-Bodie

Okay. Thanks for that, thought I was going bat crap crazy!

Canadian1968

The car is all original as far as I knew . Yes front disc

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Canadian1968 on July 11, 2014, 02:28:43 PM
The car is all original as far as I knew . Yes front disc

Thats why it has rear 10 inch drums then. r/ts were either 11 inch drums all around or disc and 10 in drums combo.

Canadian1968

So , front disc . I am supposed to have the prop valve as well, and can any one tell me if there is a difference in the distribution blocks from 68-70???!

Ghoste

I believe so, I think the 70 models changed things up a fair bit when it went to the single piston design.