News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger inner fender headlight shields

Started by b5blue, July 12, 2014, 01:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I posted awhile back about a problem fitting the rubber shields that close off the gap between the inner fender and body steel that holds the headlight assembly. Working with Jim at Detroit Muscle Technology I sent my old original brittle but intact passengers side shield to him. Using it as a guide he had new tooling made and reproduced a pair that I installed today.
  These newly tooled shields now fit exactly as intended and include new stainless clips (13 per side.) for a very nice finished install. Nice to know a little bit of my Charger has contributed to keeping our old Chargers going with Jim at D.M.T.'s concern for getting things right!  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Do you got Pics, I may need some from Jim. LEON.

b5blue

I can take a pic of them installed for you if you'd like.

b5blue

Battery dead in camera....charging over nite. Gonna need the flash under there I just blacked out the inner wells.

Charger-Bodie

Yep. When I did my Daytona clone I had something with those too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

fy469rtse

Any one done the forward covers for 69,68's, these also have a upper forward shield ? With rubber to edge to deal against fender
Post photos

green69rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on July 13, 2014, 02:28:08 AM
Any one done the forward covers for 69,68's, these also have a upper forward shield ? With rubber to edge to deal against fender
Post photos

This what you're talking about?? (not my car, just a pic I saved for reference.)

b5blue

Pic is hard to shoot with the tire in the way. The shield runs all the way down to the bottom of the fender.

fy469rtse

That's them mitch, never had a car with them on ? WTF , that's strange

hemi-hampton

OK, I'm very familar with those, They've been on most Mopars I've restored. Sometimes buried under heavy undercoat like this 67Coront R/T Fender. LEON.