News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Zero Rust

Started by terrible one, March 16, 2006, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Hey guys. I'm sorry but this one involves my Cadillac. I've got the engine bay, which includes frame, firewall, rad support, and suspension components stripped and they are ready for some Zero Rust. The only thing is I have no compressor or anything, and plan to paint it on. Does anyone have any ideas on what type of thinner to use, how much, etc? I want to thin it out enough to where it sort of "runs flat" and doesn't leave brush strokes everywhere. Ideas?

mopar_madman

Go to autobodystore.com and post there, they use it all the time and the owner of the company posts there as well. I only brushed it on from the can and when I wanted to spray I bought the aerosol can of zero rust. Also you can go to restorick.com he is a mopar resoration guy that uses and sells zero rust. I belive you can use a roller to apply it to get a smother finish. Also paint one direction for first coat and go across on the second.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger