News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona wing

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, June 16, 2014, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

A friend of a friend supposedly has the two uprights & wing from a Daytona (no brackets) that's been lying around for decades & hopefully, I'm going to check it out soon.  Assuming that it is a Daytona wing, what's a good retail price for one these days? However, if it turns out to be from a Superchicken, what's that wing worth?

Thanks in advance.     :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

I sold a Daytona wing....the 2 uprights and the blade for 7k a couple of years ago. Didn't want to sell it but he was a good guy and needed one badly.
I would guess 5k minimum.
Chickens? Probably 4-5k.

6spd68

What are the differences in the wings?  Other then one that came off a Daytona being rarer?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Stevearino

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 18, 2014, 03:35:37 PM
What are the differences in the wings?  Other then one that came off a Daytona being rarer?
Mainly the two uprights. The Superbird being more swept back. The top section was the same for both. I was extruded aluminum. Very strong and straight.

Nwcharger

I passed on a Daytona wing last summer for 3500. I would think between 3500 and 5k. I'm still looking for one if you are looking for a buyer.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

krman

MY brother has one for sale if u are interested in it.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Stevearino on June 18, 2014, 05:30:49 PM
What are the differences in the wings?  Other then one that came off a Daytona being rarer?
Mainly the two uprights. The Superbird being more swept back. The top section was the same for both. I was extruded aluminum. Very strong and straight.

Stevearino, while the center section is the same extruded profille, the Superbird's center is approx 55 1/2 in length, and the Daytona is 57 1/2....all +/- 1/4" in measurement as the extrusions were cut to length/dressed,drilled and tapped by "hand"....having made enough of these wings reproduction, all their dimensions are burned into my brain :cheers:

Mike

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nwcharger on June 18, 2014, 06:58:13 PM
I passed on a Daytona wing last summer for 3500. I would think between 3500 and 5k. I'm still looking for one if you are looking for a buyer.  :2thumbs:

As I mentioned, it's through a friend of a friend so you know what those deals are like, but I'll sure to keep you in mind.   :2thumbs:

Update:

I'm going to look at it tonight. Turns out it's only 15 minutes away from my house. However, if it turns out to be a Superbird wing, what the estimated value on that?

pettybird

There was a 'bird wing at a show a couple weeks ago for $3k.  I think a moderately easy sell price would be $2500.

Mytur Binsdirti

Turned out to be a Superchicken wing. Like most paople, he didn't know that there is a difference. It is in decent shape & after explaining the differences & the rarity between the two, I offered him $1,200.00. Unfortunately, he want's $4,500.00 for it. It was only 15 minutes from my house, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. Still, not a bad guy.

Stevearino

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 18, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: Stevearino on June 18, 2014, 05:30:49 PM
[/quote

Stevearino, while the center section is the same extruded profille, the Superbird's center is approx 55 1/2 in length, and the Daytona is 57 1/2....all +/- 1/4" in measurement as the extrusions were cut to length/dressed,drilled and tapped by "hand"....having made enough of these wings reproduction, all their dimensions are burned into my brain :cheers:

Mike

Good to know Mike. I was under the impression that they were the same piece.

6spd68

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 19, 2014, 07:38:43 PM
Turned out to be a Superchicken wing. Like most paople, he didn't know that there is a difference. It is in decent shape & after explaining the differences & the rarity between the two, I offered him $1,200.00. Unfortunately, he want's $4,500.00 for it. It was only 15 minutes from my house, so nothing ventured, nothing gained. Still, not a bad guy.

Ah wells, it happens.  At least you got to meet someone with similar interests, and talk cars.  All in all not the worst experience you could've had :)
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

mopar_man

I sold the wing from 414627 for $700.00 bout 20 yrs ago . Wish I had it now , I would send it to China and have a gazillion repops made for $100.00 each  :smilielol:

Nwcharger

Quote from: mopar_man on July 09, 2014, 10:46:39 AM
I sold the wing from 414627 for $700.00 bout 20 yrs ago . Wish I had it now , I would send it to China and have a gazillion repops made for $100.00 each  :smilielol:

I wish you had it too. That's for my car.
1969 coronet wagon