News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest Gas Prices You Can Remember?

Started by my73charger, August 08, 2005, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatwn73

When I first started driving never needed more than five bucks to fill my chevelle and asking for two bucks worth was not embarassing.It took seven to fill my first charger (8.00 for the good stuff) but the charger would only go half the distance.

my73charger

69 charger man

i remember it was like a buck when i was a kid growing up in the late 90s
-ray

golden73

I still remember when it was .89 a gallon. That's pretty good considering I'm only 19, and when I ask my friends the cheapest they remember is $1.60

These gas prices are out of controls. I wonder what the prices will be like 10 years from now  ???

Brock Samson

I paid $2.76 a gal for regular today..  :flame:

Lightning

I remember when I first started driving it was about $1.55.  I'll have to pay $2.41 tomarrow....ouch! I go through about 3 tanks a week now since I've started my deliveries...
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

SLIKK 70

I remember in 1970 in Jr. High someone built a gas station / mini market next to the school. It was the coolest thing that happened in Jr. High. ;D Gas started at .219 a gallon then. The store is still there but the pumps are gone. :'(

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RTPTRON

Back in my day of cruizing around Gatlinburg and Sevierville, Tennessee 100+ Octain went for between 25.9 and 29.9.  I remember driving along country roads looking for drink bottles to get money for a tank of gas (5.00), a movey (.50), a six pack of beer (1.30), and dinner (1.00).  If you had $10. in your pocket you were ready for action.

However, when your summer job paid around $30 a week, LOL

The biggest difference now is that I don't have to pick up drink bottles anymore for gas money.

John_Kunkel

Back in the late fifties and early sixties we used to have "gas wars" around here; when some street intersections had a gas station on all four corners the different brands would lower gas prices to lure in customers and their competitors would follow suit. In an era when normal prices were 18 ¢ to 21 ¢ a gallon, prices would dip as low as 11 ¢ during gas wars.

At the beginning of the '73 "embargo" the prices around here had risen to around 35 ¢ but doubled in no time after the embargo.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mass_Mopar

cheapest I can remember is .92/gal.  I'm 19.

My dad worked at a gas station in the 70's, they had a price war with the guys across the street, and gas hit .25/gal. or so he tells me
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Chryco Psycho

69bananabeast

was late80's/ early 90's kid member it being around .90 cents.  First started dribing about 3 years ago gas was 1.30-1.40 in jan.  and once summer came thats when the prices went to the incline.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

392Creep

Well I got my license in 2002..Im a youngin..and gas was 1.39 for me, and that was incredible..I remeber being able to fill my tank with 8 bucks...now with 8 bucks I can put some fumes in my tank to make it down the street to the next gas station...

Ghoste

It was around .60 or .65 cents a gallon when I started driving.  Those were Canadian gallons which were a little bigger than US ones for some reason.  Then they switched to metric and the world began to implode for me.

lumpy

It's cool to see the range in what some of us remember as cheap!!29 cents- $1.99?? I remember .70 in the 70's, some of us are really showing our age. By the way where is the symbol for the cents sign on my keyboard!?!

69_se_ron

about 25-26 cents a gallon back in the mid seventies.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Lightning

here's y'all a question, and I'm not trying to start a political war here: what will happen to gas prices once a new president gets elected in '08?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Ghoste

dodgecharger-fan

Not really sure what it was per gallon, but I remember my Dad getting "2 dollars regular" about once a week. He worked 5 or 6 days a week and drove my Mom to work and the grocery store, too. It was the only car we had at the house. My older brothers had their own cars, though.

That was around 1970 or maybe 71.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Telvis

I remember when gas was about a quarter a gallon. My mom would get $1 worth of gas all the time. Looking back I guess she didn't have much money. I didn't realize it at the time.

chargerjy9

I  know this shows my age but I can remember the" gas wars' in the Detroit area around 1966- 67. Some of the off brands were as low as 19.9 cents for a gallon.  My one big mistake was selling my 1st 73 Charger in 1975 because gas went up to 60 cents a gallon, and as a new family man,it was suggested that the Charger would put us in the poor house (wonder whose idea that was) Now, I own a new 73 Charger and I plain dont care how much the gas costs
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

OldGuy

67RedCharger and I are showing our ages.  Mid-60's when i was driving a '49 Mercury to high school, gas was .19 a gallon.  When I sold my 68 Charger in 1971, premium leaded had skyrocketed to .32 a gallon!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Lowprofile

Just fueled up My rig today........  roughly $600.00 for 250 gal of Diesel!! :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL