News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest Gas Prices You Can Remember?

Started by my73charger, August 08, 2005, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charge It!

About .32/gallon back in the early 70's when I was cutting grass to earn some $$$$$$$$

Kern Dog

I recall in 2001 or 2002 I drove through some small towns in Northern CA and saw an ARCO AM/PM with 87 octane regular unleaded for .99 cents.
Why do they still call it unleaded? Is leaded gas available at the pump anywhere?

stripedelete

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 25, 2019, 08:32:14 PM
Why do they still call it unleaded? Is leaded gas available at the pump anywhere?
Had the same thought while filling up a couple of weeks ago.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Kern Dog

The question is for a GALLON, not a quart.   :lol:

lloyd3

Texas panhandle, summer of 1972, during a "gas war" between two station near the highway my family was travelling on......seventeen (17) cents per gallon for regular leaded gas.

Ghoste

1972 you say?  Just before all the big change began.

alfaitalia

£1.67 per gallon in 1983 (UK obviously)....when I started driving so about $2.05 per gallon. Now over here its averaging around £6.00 per gallon...so about $7.38 at todays dollar/pound exchange rate. Ok our gallon is 20% BIGGER than yours but that's still about $6.15 per US gallon even allowing for that. Now you see why we all run diesels and sub 2.0l gas powered sedans!! Seeing a V8 or any sort here (4x4s excepted) is quite an event!! Because of our silly fuel prices (well actually our fuel is about the same price as yours.....its the huge tax on it that puts the price so high) over 6% of all new cars sold last year were hybrid or full electric.....going to be over 10% this. Not for me thanks!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

green69rt

Kansas City around 1965 and had my first car.  Lots of what were called gas wars in the midwest.  I don't know why just that they happened.  Sometimes gas would get down to $0.16 and 9/10 a gallon for short times.  Normal prices were $0.19 and 9/10.  Filling up my first charger in 1969 gas was about the same, then prices started going up.  I remember the first time I filled up and it cost my more that $6.00 to fill the tank, I was pissed.  Of course, I was only making about $200 (maybe less) a month in the Navy at the time.

c00nhunterjoe

99-00 era 87 was in the 80 cent a gallon range. Then i remember when it started to climb and climb and climb and we all lost our minds when it hit 1.99 a gallon.

odcics2

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 26, 2019, 06:28:11 PM
The question is for a GALLON, not a quart.   :lol:

.19 WAS for a gallon, youngster!   :pity:

A383Wing

I remember pumping gas for .23cents a gallon....then when the gas crunch came....prices went up...I got threatened a couple times when it went to .30cents per gallon

Bryan

Chargen69

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 27, 2019, 12:33:08 PM
99-00 era 87 was in the 80 cent a gallon range. Then i remember when it started to climb and climb and climb and we all lost our minds when it hit 1.99 a gallon.

in SC we hit .64 then

triple_green

I have a receipt for my car from May 1968 32.9 for premium. I remember gas in the bay area (with the refinery in sight) at 25 for regular in the late 60s.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

odcics2

Remember the freakout when gas hit a buck a gallon?

sixpactogo

I remember the gas wars in Minnesota back in the early 60's when the normal price was around 24 or 26 cents per gallon and they would drop to 19 cents or so. When I joined the Navy in 1964 and got out of boot camp in San Diego, the gas price was 33.9. I remember thinking "What a rip off! Glad my 60 Dart is back in Minnesota!"