News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ROUTE 66 4497.1 miles We're Home

Started by gymratt30, July 18, 2014, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gymratt30

Mike and Michael Hill here....... (our Original thread, is called "2 Birds from South Carolina")  ..... We are asking a favor of all board members that live along route 66,  I'm asking for board members to text me their name/ and state they live in , Just incase we breakdown.

its nice to know that some guys have already given me their  phone numbers and contact info incase of emergency.

We're pretty confident that the car will make the trip, but its always nice to know, help is close by.
Mike and Michael Hill

My contact info is:

Mike Hill
803 236 8828 cell
*text your info to this phone

I will also be checking my email at mjhill@ftc-i.net.

thanks in advance,
Mike Hill

ps. We would love to meet a couple of board members along the way to "grab a bite to eat, or just hangout .
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

Mopar Nut

I'm too far away in Northern Utah, but the Grand Canyon is a must see off of 66 in AZ.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gymratt30

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 18, 2014, 04:33:22 PM
I'm too far away in Northern Utah, but the Grand Canyon is a must see off of 66 in AZ.

On our List for Sure!

69_500

Sent ya a text mike. Do not live on Route 66. But not sure what route your taking once you hit the end of Route 66, or if your taking it all of the way. Live in central Indiana. If your anywhere in this state and have problems give me a shout and I will come.

Danny

rnjump

I have sent a PM. If you have trouble Ill get you a truck and trailer if reasonably close. I guess you will do some trial miles around the shop before heading out? I don't trust my cars that much but I'm not GYC.

Mopar John

Mike and Michael,
I don't know where your headed when you finish up Route 66 on the east end in Chicago?
But if your getting on I-80 or I-90 Or the Indiana Toll Road to head east or south were
close by in northwest Indiana. Let me know if you need our contact info?
MJ

triple_green

This place was actually really nice and had a lot of cars and it was free:

http://www.russellsttc.com/NewMuseum.html

They had a bunch of Linegfelter and Callaway stuff that was pushing big HP. Also a lot of nice memorabilia.

Sendona, Az, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park were all awesome and worth the trip.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

gymratt30

Quote from: triple_green on July 18, 2014, 07:53:22 PM
This place was actually really nice and had a lot of cars and it was free:

http://www.russellsttc.com/NewMuseum.html

They had a bunch of Linegfelter and Callaway stuff that was pushing big HP. Also a lot of nice memorabilia.

Sendona, Az, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park were all awesome and worth the trip.

Nice...I'll look for it

gymratt30

Quote from: Mopar John on July 18, 2014, 07:52:01 PM
Mike and Michael,
I don't know where your headed when you finish up Route 66 on the east end in Chicago?
But if your getting on I-80 or I-90 Or the Indiana Toll Road to head east or south were
close by in northwest Indiana. Let me know if you need our contact info?
MJ
[/quote

Sure John , send me your info as we are not sure how far we are going to follow 66..
Mike

djcarguy

I AM WILLING TO PICKUP BIRD AN PUT ON SOME TEST MILES TODAY FOR YA???  ???TOM has my # we could test it together if that wood make ya feel better,ha ha..

have brother in bandon oregon,,coast 3 hrs south of springfield an brother in las vegas,there are lots of members in cally an vegas.   Hope ta meet ya an son at marks before you roll away with that awesum ride.Tom has my # will head by GYC sat morning an say hi ta Tom,,,that other wing guy that took a awesum wing car out of OREGON,,,HA HA HA..     ALL DA BEST to ya an son on trip..     :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:DJ   :popcrn:

41husk

Just texted.  I am in Illinois just before you cross the river into MO.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gymratt30

Quote from: djcarguy on July 19, 2014, 06:56:25 AM
     I AM WILLING TO PICKUP BIRD AN PUT ON SOME TEST MILES TODAY FOR YA???  ???TOM has my # we could test it together if that wood make ya feel better,ha ha..

have brother in bandon oregon,,coast 3 hrs south of springfield an brother in las vegas,there are lots of members in cally an vegas.   Hope ta meet ya an son at marks before you roll away with that awesum ride.Tom has my # will head by GYC sat morning an say hi ta Tom,,,that other wing guy that took a awesum wing car out of OREGON,,,HA HA HA..     ALL DA BEST to ya an son on trip..     :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:DJ   :popcrn:

Looking forward to seeing u there. !

billssuperbird

nvrbdn

sent a pm. illinois near husk41. right off 66 that goes through hamel illinois. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

gymratt30

moparchris

Route 66 gets pretty desolate out here in the West.  I'm at least in Az.  If you have trouble on that section give me a call but I'm at least 3 hours away from the nearest point and about 4 1/2 hours froth furthest.  I do have an enclosed trailer that a 'Bird will fit into.
Have fun.  Driving my hemi 500 on the road a couple of years ago was a blast!!
Chris

CornDogsCharger

Hey Mike, I doubt you'll be passing through Mississippi, but I just in case, I just sent you a text with my contact info.  Have a safe trip!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

41husk

Any Idea when you will be in the Stlouis area?  I would love to meet up and see the car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gymratt30

Quote from: 41husk on July 20, 2014, 10:20:56 AM
Any Idea when you will be in the Stlouis area?  I would love to meet up and see the car.

St Louis. .most likely next Friday or Saturday.
(If all works out )
I'll keep u posted on where we are and when we may be through.

CornDogsCharger

Just out of curiosity, will any of GYC film crew ride with or follow you?  Seems like they would possibly want to film some of the journey.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

3--Daytona

Hello,,Dont know where you are from , or where you are going but,,,I live about 10 miles from 66.
Just south of Springfield Mo. Springfield is were the documents were signed , to build  66. Quite a bit of the old orignal road left.

3--daytona
Jim,McCauley 417 725 3524
jdmccauley@aol.com

djcarguy

Bout 2 pm Sunday i was near GYC shop an saw a awesum white Superbird ahead of me that then turned into Graveyard shop,,,its a awesum,pretty site..going down the road again. :2thumbs: :cheers:

stopped by an met Mike,misses MIKe an Mike JR,a tall young man..  even met Harry the man who sold the 2 birds. got some still pix an meet some real nice folks.  Tom r4daytona was there too help Mark an crew finish an prep the bird for long road home.

:2thumbs:    this bird is alive an well an great seeing the awesum wing car an  meeting more nice folks an mopar owners.. :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: DJ  :drool5: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

WHY IS A LOCK ON 2 SUPERBIRDS HEADED HOME ???  ??? :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: DJ

70Sbird

Just sent you a text Mike, Good luck on the trip. I live in Central Illinois near the Springfield/Bloomington stretch of Rt. 66.
I have done a couple of long distance trips with an older vehicle, but none as mechanically sound as the Bird your driving or as far. Take it easy and enjoy yourselves!

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: djcarguy on July 21, 2014, 08:18:39 AM
    WHY IS A LOCK ON 2 SUPERBIRDS HEADED HOME ???  ??? :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: DJ

Probably the end of that saga........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection