News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ROUTE 66 4497.1 miles We're Home

Started by gymratt30, July 18, 2014, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 21, 2014, 08:49:56 AM
Just sent you a text Mike, Good luck on the trip. I live in Central Illinois near the Springfield/Bloomington stretch of Rt. 66.
I have done a couple of long distance trips with an older vehicle, but none as mechanically sound as the Bird your driving or as far. Take it easy and enjoy yourselves!

If a stop is planned for Springfield area, please let me know.  Would love to meet up with you guys!  If I can swing it, I will.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

you guys up in springfield have a good hotdog stand  :2thumbs:

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

djcarguy

Did ya get on the road an going??  saw bird sat,sun and monday in springfield ,oregon??  Well if on the road,have a fun an safe trip ..great meeting ya all..      latter DJ   :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

now mike, if your up to a fun night in our area, there is a drive in near here. friday night, or saturday night at the drive in with a bird??? you would have everyone there wanting to here the story. :2thumbs:

ok, thats just a thought. the movies are " the fault in our stars"  and "edge of tomorrow" with tom cruise. july 25th - 27th

http://www.litchfieldskyview.com/Now_Showing.html    check it out if interested. :2thumbs:

and its right on rt. 66. you will go right by it. so at least stop for a picture or two in litchfield illinois. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

If you come through Kansas City, I have a bed for you. :cheers:

gymratt30

Quote from: djcarguy on July 21, 2014, 07:51:44 PM
   Did ya get on the road an going??  saw bird sat,sun and monday in springfield ,oregon??  Well if on the road,have a fun an safe trip ..great meeting ya all..      latter DJ   :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

DJ... man it was so good to meet you, It made michael and I feel great that there are still people in the world willing to give there time and effort to ensure
we got off to a good start. (ive got all the numbers with me )
we left around 3pm and I felt like it was gonna be a "good safe run " after testing the car out for about 25 miles.
thanks for stopping by and love the conversation.
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

gymratt30

Update on our Cross country trip, today Michael,and I Left graveyard cars about 3pm , headed for the coast of Oregon,( to start our way down toward the California coast.) Our Bird performed flawlessly , we hit a little rain, driving through the mountains, saw a herd of elk, ended up putting 180 miles on the bird .Our first stop is to ride the sand dunes of Oregon(on Dirtbike or 4 wheeler). We found the riding area took a few pics of the bird, "tomorrow we ride" !!!!

gymratt30

pics

djcarguy

GOOD TO HEAR you guys got some test ,tune an under way miles.Sure is a awesum site to see ya bird powering down the road again.have fun an bee safe on the dunes,been there few years ago.

Great to met ya Mike,michael,an your wife an that good old boy Harry had fun talking with ya al.take care an safe travels to ya guys.  post lots of pixs.. all my best ta ya an yours..   hope to get to talladega some yr an see more wing cars. :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn:  latter DJ  out west,,tell harry were not yankees out here an you all welcome any time,haha.... :2thumbs: :cheers:

gymratt30

Update on our Cross country trip, today Michael,and I Left graveyard cars about 3pm , headed for the coast of Oregon,( to start our way down toward the California coast.) Our Bird performed flawlessly , we hit a little rain, driving through the mountains, saw a herd of elk, ended up putting 180 miles on the bird .Our first stop is to ride the sand dunes of Oregon(on Dirtbike or 4 wheeler). We found the riding area took a few pics of the bird, "tomorrow we ride" !!!!

gymratt30

Sand dunes..............

gymratt30

billssuperbird

To bad you are coming by way of Pittsburgh have a safe trip :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Car looks great......

Here's to a nice safe and non-overheating trip........ Superbird across the country with wind-generated A/C.......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gymratt30

Quote from: djcarguy on July 22, 2014, 03:18:29 AM
     GOOD TO HEAR you guys got some test ,tune an under way miles.Sure is a awesum site to see ya bird powering down the road again.have fun an bee safe on the dunes,been there few years ago.

Great to met ya Mike,michael,an your wife an that good old boy Harry had fun talking with ya al.take care an safe travels to ya guys.  post lots of pixs.. all my best ta ya an yours..   hope to get to talladega some yr an see more wing cars. :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn:  latter DJ  out west,,tell harry were not yankees out here an you all welcome any time,haha.... :2thumbs: :cheers:

Dj.......... Jen, Micheal, Harry I thank you again for your time and Kindness.

ACUDANUT

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

41husk

I also have room for you to crash if you need to stop in the metro StLouis area for a night.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ACUDANUT

gymratt30

Quote from: 41husk on July 22, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
I also have room for you to crash if you need to stop in the metro StLouis area for a night.

Ill keep that in mind Husk, Thanks so much!

gymratt30

day 2 pics.
Sand dunes, Hwy 101 to calif., Red wood National Forest

gymratt30

gymratt30

Having a hard time posting today...weak signal...have a lot to post, but may have to wait...time to hit the road.!
look me up on Facebook if you have a account. Ive posted some there.

Mike Hill

gymratt30