DodgeCharger.com Forum
June 25, 2019, 11:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B5 CHARGER 5OO  (Read 1611 times)
tan top
Old Timer

69 R/T SE -A47-Y2-CRX-V1T-V88

« on: March 17, 2006, 03:56:08 AM »

HEMI CHARGER 500  witch has been converted in to a daytona on ebay , i think was  on there a few years back ?

hotrod98
Old Timer

www.maniacmusclecars.com

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:50:49 AM »

No latch try among other things. What would be the correct thing to do with this car if purchased?  I say remove the daytona stuff, replace the fenders (they're attached to the nose), add the 500 grille and bumper, remove the rear stripe, weld up the holes in the quarters and restore the car back to a 500. Then use the daytona stuff to build a nice clone.

**Inactive Link Removed**

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams
tan top
Old Timer

69 R/T SE -A47-Y2-CRX-V1T-V88

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:16:21 AM »

No latch try among other things. What would be the correct thing to do with this car if purchased?  I say remove the daytona stuff, replace the fenders (they're attached to the nose), add the 500 grille and bumper, remove the rear stripe, weld up the holes in the quarters and restore the car back to a 500. Then use the daytona stuff to build a nice clone.

**Inactive Link Removed**

scratchchin i was thinking much same thing , but  selling off the daytona parts, would be intresting to know where the 727 is

PocketThunder
Old Timer

Minnesota

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:36 AM »

Did the upper radiator hose go to the left on Hemi cars and to the right on 440's?

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."
hemi68charger
Old Timer

Winged Duo..

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:30:52 AM »

Did the upper radiator hose go to the left on Hemi cars and to the right on 440's?

I think he's got a different radiator in it. The tag calls for a 26" radiator.. The original tanks had the upper hose on the passenger side... Now, I do believe if a car came with a 22" rad., the upper hose would have entry on the driver's side.......

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger 500 426 Hemi auto; #5 pre-production
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
Houston Mopar Club Connection
BigBlockSam
Old Timer

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 10:32:26 AM »

iagree

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img
69_500
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »

I had a chance to buy this car about 3 years ago for $45K but passed on it at the time with hopes of finding a numbers matching car for around that price. Now just got the 440 car and wish I had sprung to get that car.
If I had it i"d leave it as it is for now and just drive it and enjoy it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: