News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MSD Pro-Billet Ready-To-Run Distributors

Started by q8charger, July 26, 2014, 12:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

q8charger

Hello ,

Any one use MSD Pro-Billet Ready-To-Run Distributors 8387 for 1969 dodge charger 440 magnum ? any problem of fit ?

Thanks

Ghoste

I believe some people have had fitment issues with them, IIRC.  You might want to look at the Firecore ready to run, they've been getting rave reviews.

ottawamerc

Ya I installed one in my build. So far I have been happy with its performance but there are some issues with it. I have had to grind a fair amount of material off of my Eddy heads and the distributor to get it to fit. I talked to both manufacturer tech lines and neither one knows about any fitment issues. A friend built a 440 also (similar build to mine) and his builder had to grind a lot of material too. I have MP valve covers and in order to pull the distributor cap I have to remove the valve cover  :eek2:  I love the way it hooks up electrically. The curve setup is not the easiest especially with my big fingers. I like that it has a built in rev limiter too. All in all if I did it again I would have bought the firecore from Ron, it fits and is actually cheaper to buy it looks more stock and the curve setup is easier. Ron is a very reliable dealer and great support :2thumbs:

Hope this helps with your choice!

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!