News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

white superbird for sale and i'm losing it

Started by BigBlockSam, March 17, 2006, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

i think i'm losing it. 2 days ago i had a dream about a white superbird. in the dream someone told me about a white bird for sale for $30000 and pionted to a building. i went in and there were all kinds of cars in there but no bird. i asked a guy weres the white bird? he pionted to another building , this went on all night long. i woke up feeling fustrated. now look whats for sale on ebay and i can't afford it. i think i need some serous mental help, or at least a white bird. that would calm me down. Rene

**Inactive Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene,
That car's only 180 miles from here. You buy it, and I'll go over and pick it up and hold on to it for a year or two until you get a chance to come down and pick it up.  ;D
larry

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lemon Red

Larry you suck. You have way too many cars for one man to handle. You know what i have? A '94 Honda Prelude Si. I can't afford one single mopar and look at what you got.

hotrod98

The secret is to be born in the 50's and buy cars in the 70's and 80's.
The down side is I'm getting too old to work on them all of the time. ;D

Charles Addams

Old Moparz

A White Bird.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

man i dig those white birds. i got to find a project bird , cause i can't afford a restored one. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

2fast4u

That reminds me about the one here in S.W. Ks. that a farmer owns and has it in a garage just sittin' there collectin' dust.  This thing has like 46k on it when I saw it last.  He fires it up and pulls it out to wipe the dust off and let the engine excercise at idle for a while then rolls it back in.    It's White with Black top, Black interior, 440 6pak and a non console pistolgrip 4spd.
   As a matter of fact the plastic was still on the seats up front that the factory has on it to protect them from gettin' dirty and the window sticker was still stuck on the glass. 
   I went to this lil' town to look at it back in '85 in the middle of a snow storm because my cousin knew the guy and we wanted to see it.   I have pics of this dude too!  I'll dig them up and post'em!

Funny thing about this farmer was that he also had a '68 GTX sittin outside in the snow and in another garage there was his "farm vehicle"....a '70 Challenger T/A that he used to go feed cattle,check wells with and so on.........

He had just picked up it's replacement the day before sitting in the next stall over.....a brand new '86 El Camino SS with a topper.

I didn't believe him about using that T/A as a "farm truck" -so to speak-  until he popped the trunk and there was part of a bail of hay and lots of tools to work on water wells with!   GO FIGURE!!  who knows, maybe the guy had a weird since of humor!

Gonna go look for those pics..................
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

BigBlockSam

its funny but it seems that a real bird has always been just alittle to expensive for me. i could of had one for $7000, couldn't do it. then in the early 90's i could of had one for $25000 couldn't do it and now forget it. Rene

hotrod98

I know that feeling well my friend.
I passed on a #2 yellow bird for 30k in 2000. He sold it...should have bought it.
Passed on it again last year at 50k. He sold it...should have bought it.
Could have bought the six pack Romeo car last year for 50k...you guessed it.
Look on the bright side, you have a 70 to build a clone. Even the 70 runners and satellites are getting hard to find at a decent price.

Charles Addams

2fast4u

Found my photos.................

2fast4u

And here's the 68 GTX that was sitting outside gettin' snowed on..............

2fast4u

And of course the "farm truck" / 70 Challenger T/A.............

BigBlockSam

wow! cool pictures. back then they were just cars. not trophies like they are now

QuoteLook on the bright side, you have a 70 to build a clone

no , no bird clone. i want a real one and my daytona clone. I'm gonna catch me one of those real birdies one day. I'm determined.  Rene

Ghoste

I like your attitude Rene.  Oh, and I also liked those pics 2fast.

BigBlockSam

thanks Ghoste
i kinda feel this is my last chance. i'll never have this kind of money again. well i don't even have it yet.
  any body out there wanna buy a three family building, please. big Sam whats  a superbird    :bow:

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 19, 2006, 12:17:56 AM
wow! cool pictures. back then they were just cars. not trophies like they are now

QuoteLook on the bright side, you have a 70 to build a clone

no , no bird clone. i want a real one and my daytona clone. I'm gonna catch me one of those real birdies one day. I'm determined.  Rene

Rene,
I hope you don't think that I'm going to quit looking for a real bird just because I'm building a clone.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Larry
  from what i know about you, i think you have a real bird before me. Rene

hotrod98

Rene,
I was thinking the same thing about you. I'm so busy building all of these cars for me and my customers that I don't have the time to look. I wish you the best of luck in your search. I will be almost as excited as you when you buy one.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam