News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

120 amp mancini alternator

Started by will, August 08, 2014, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will

I just got the 120 amp alternator from mancini racing. The alt came with a plug that I can't use and I need to know where to hook up the wiring. I know where the big wire goes, not sure about the field wires. This is on a 68 charger with the upgraded engine wiring harness to use the 4 prong ballast and ecu, with 2 field alt. I'm kinda stumped, I don't wanna bolt this alt on and be on the hook for it. I tried searching, found some info, ust not what Ineed.
The back of the alt has a location for the big wire and two posts. I don't want to burn this car to the ground.

will

I talked to the right guy at Mancini Racing. These alternators are self regulating so no help necessary. Thanks guys!

b5blue

b5blue

Look, the plug is only for the 60 amp. Here is how I adapted for my 70 to the factory solid state 2 wire voltage regulator.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70008.0.html

John_Kunkel

Quote from: will on August 09, 2014, 09:10:04 AM
I talked to the right guy at Mancini Racing. These alternators are self regulating so no help necessary. Thanks guys!

I think you talked to the wrong guy.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

I just noticed over 4 years of flawless function for me. The car got a mix of daily use and long periods of sitting still while doing body repairs. The only thing to watch is for a weak/discharged battery! This thing will throw 60 amp at idle at a weak battery state of charge and start heating stock wires pretty quickly. I'm doing a "Fleet Upgrade" soon, 8AWG wire to new OER brand ALT gauge that is rated for 60amp then 8AWG back to battery. (Protected by a 60amp fuse.)  :2thumbs: 

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 09, 2014, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: will on August 09, 2014, 09:10:04 AM

I think you talked to the wrong guy.

Lmao....

will

Thank you b5blue. I didn't put it in today, just got the engine to fire off. I'm going to hold off on this upgrade until I get some miles on it. Why would they sell a 120 amp alt with all the paperwork for the 60 amp? Makes no sense. I'm just glad I could provide some laughter.  :nana:

b5blue

Will actually 4 years ago I was confused also. No instructions so I called and asked about an adapter? They sent me the plug for a 60amp?  :shruggy: Now they may think all Denso use the plug.